PDA

View Full Version : frame teaser

Ken Robb
09-06-2009, 09:23 PM
somewhere in UPS Land

rwsaunders
09-06-2009, 09:31 PM
It looks like Dave T. has started a craze...waiting for build photos, Ken.

Ken Robb
09-06-2009, 09:47 PM
we ordered them at the SD Custom Bike Show in April.

dave thompson
09-06-2009, 10:40 PM
It's a cabal.

Pete Serotta
09-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Where is the rest of it?????

Ken Robb
09-07-2009, 11:02 AM
Heck, I don't even know where this is! The gruppo is on the LOOK KG381 to be shipped out in the packing used for this Taylor. It's alloy Chorus 10 spd, TA Zephyr 48-38-28, 13-29 cassette, Shimano standard reach brakes, Open Pros on Record 32 hole hubs.

Assuming that Paul nailed what I asked for it will be very much like my Hampsten Strada Bianca but with a sloping top tube-a first in my stable.

Generally speaking I like levelish top tubes and lugs. (my Rambo has a 2 degree slope but I can't see it unless it is next to a level tt bike) but Paul told me he could get me a better fit this way so it's fillet brazed and slopes.

Paul took it to his local UPS store last week but so far all the tracking shows is that a pkg. to La Jolla was billed. There is no more info or record of scans en route as I usually see. I have no idea when it will turn up. It's a little like the 3 days before Xmas when I was 6 years old. :)

Pete Serotta
09-07-2009, 11:17 AM
I like the build group you are putting on it.....Will be interested in hearing what you think of the ride, since this is your first sloper.....

Hope all comes together this week. PETE

Ken Robb
09-07-2009, 11:31 AM
the Campy stuff came on the new CSi I bought years ago. The Zephyr came from Dave Thompson when he was mentally incompetent. I've had all of these except the brakes on the Kirk and the LOOK and it works great. I had the Zephyr on my Waterford with 9 spd Dura Ace too but it wasn't as good due to the indexed front shifting with Shimano derailer requiring trimming half shifts going onto the middle ring. With Campy I just move it as many clicks as required. So, ATMO, Shimano's system might be better when used with the cranks for which it was designed because I can just jam the left lever as far as it will go and I get a perfect shift to the chosen ring while Campy requires a little bit of "touch" to get it just right even with the Campy cranks and rings. But I like to mix/match and I'm no racer so ultra-quick shifts when I'm under pressure don't mean as much to me as the flexibility provided by Campy.

PBWrench
09-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Surely, then, it's time to unload the baby blue Strada. Let's not forgot who is first in line. Enjoy your new frame! PBW

Ken Robb
09-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Surely, then, it's time to unload the baby blue Strada. Let's not forgot who is first in line. Enjoy your new frame! PBW

and just think: there will be another bike you love to borrow when you're back in San Diego.