PDA

View Full Version : newby question - bump?

martinrjensen
09-06-2009, 06:20 PM
OK, I don't really consider myself a newby, but I probably should have asked this question a long time ago when I was. *** does BUMP mean? I see it in message threads all the time.

Jawn P
09-06-2009, 06:22 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bump

Dekonick
09-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Bump :beer:

WadePatton
09-06-2009, 08:13 PM
or in the heart of dixie it can mean: birmingham urban mountain pedalers. the race: bump and grind. http://www.bumpngrindrace.com/

martinrjensen
09-06-2009, 08:44 PM
from urban dictionary; 'To Bump' something is to snort a drug.
I knew there was something wrong with this forum....
thanks all

nahtnoj
09-06-2009, 09:14 PM
from urban dictionary; 'To Bump' something is to snort a drug.
I knew there was something wrong with this forum....
thanks all

I think a coke habit would be cheaper than my obsession with cycling!

:beer:

Jeff N.
09-06-2009, 09:21 PM
It's a type of dancing popular with couples in night clubs during the mid-70's. It goes something like this: :crap: Jeff N.

martinrjensen
09-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Just look at my sig file.... I successfully resisted winning another auction on eBay last night. But that doesn't mean the fight is over.I think a coke habit would be cheaper than my obsession with cycling!

:beer:

zray67
09-07-2009, 09:06 AM
Just look at my sig file.... I successfully resisted winning another auction on eBay last night. But that doesn't mean the fight is over.

Martin,

Dr. Freud is happy with your progress. Keep up the good work. :banana:

TAW
09-07-2009, 10:34 AM
Maybe you've already figured it out, but a bump means to "bump up" a classified ad back to the top of the front page. When someone posts a classified, and there are no responses, eventually it moves down the page, or even off the first page, so a person will post a "bump" to move their ad back to the front page again so that it will get more views.

Pete Serotta
09-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Maybe you've already figured it out, but a bump means to "bump up" a classified ad back to the top of the front page. When someone posts a classified, and there are no responses, eventually it moves down the page, or even off the first page, so a person will post a "bump" to move their ad back to the front page again so that it will get more views.
:banana: :banana: