PDA

View Full Version : ...

cadence90
09-06-2009, 04:22 PM
.... ..

Ray
09-06-2009, 06:39 PM
OK, I won't really spoil it, but somebody made a big comeback today.

That was a very nice win, and nice to see after all these years.

Is he back? It would be good if he is....
He's at least in contention and won't be given much room in coming stages, down by less than a minute and a half. It was fun to see, but I don't really see the world's BEST climbers in this race. Too bad, because lots of killer climbs. Fun to watch anyway.

-Ray

taz-t
09-06-2009, 07:24 PM
He's at least in contention and won't be given much room in coming stages, down by less than a minute and a half. It was fun to see, but I don't really see the world's BEST climbers in this race. Too bad, because lots of killer climbs. Fun to watch anyway.

-Ray

You can only race against whoever shows up. (whomever?) The Schlecks aren't exactly weak in the hills even if they're not contesting the GC.

Really enjoying watching Hoogerland animate things.

- taz

cadence90
09-06-2009, 07:50 PM
.... ..

Climb01742
09-06-2009, 08:24 PM
wish he'd focus on one day races. his giro win, oddly, derailed his career. hilly one day races seem to be his forte. to shift languages, bravo.

cadence90
09-06-2009, 09:09 PM
.... ..

Ray
09-07-2009, 05:12 AM
You can only race against whoever shows up. (whomever?) The Schlecks aren't exactly weak in the hills even if they're not contesting the GC.

Really enjoying watching Hoogerland animate things.

- taz
Only speaking relatively. The best, including Andy Schleck, are either not here or are pretty wasted from hard efforts in the Tour and/or Giro. This is isn't unheard of in the Vuelta, although there have been exceptions, like last year. I'm obviously not saying they're slouches - after suffering through 60 miles in the hills yesterday at far far below a race pace, anyone who can finish, let alone compete in, a grand tour has my total respect. But some fields are stronger than others.

-Ray

soulspinner
09-07-2009, 08:33 AM
OK, I won't really spoil it, but somebody made a big comeback today.

That was a very nice win, and nice to see after all these years.

Is he back? It would be good if he is....

Im with ya. Love to see the guy at his best again.