PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Bedford, Building kb0019 right now

Smiley
09-05-2009, 08:34 AM
Ever since I sold my Hors Categorie back in Dec 2008 I have been dreaming of exactly what bike will be worthy of its replacement. I placed a deposit with Kelly Back in January or Late December and have been talking with THE MASTER about the build ever since. Yesterday I signed off the draft and its done, in the works. It will be Kelly's first S&S coupled bike since he started K Bedford Cycles. The bike will be built around custom wheels by Alchemy Wheel Works which will use White Industry Hubs laced to Campy Montreal rims, the wheels are all SILVER, the tires are Schwabe Marathon Supremes in a 32 mm width (they actually measure out at 29.5 mm). Silver stainless Berthoud fenders will dawn the frame along with Silver Pauls Racers brakes in canti braze on set ups.
Man I can't wait as I have already written Keith Anderson on paint schemes and this Bedford will not be WHITE, enough White Bedford Frames :banana:
Our last trip to Vermont and New hampsire has confirmed my desires for exactly this type of set up and design. Kelly just completed kb0018 for my friend John who goes by BumperJohn here and his set up is the same except no couplers, His is done and enroute to paint so I can't wait for him to post pictures here.

DavidR
09-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Sounds great! Mine is in the mail. You can see photos on keiths flicker site.