PDA

View Full Version : Ritchey BioMax II Handlebars

Smiley
02-05-2005, 03:29 PM
I just finished replacing my Ritchey Classic drop handlebars on my Hors Categorie with new Ritchey BioMax II . The reason was to flatten the transition from the tops of the bar to the Brake hoods and just take a bit of distance from my reach to the hood tips . A comparison is in order the Classic drop bars are 8.2 cm for reach and 13.5 cm for drop , the BioMax II are 7.5 cm for reach and 13 cm for drop PLUS the are anatomical so the bend is a tighter radius and higher placed . I must say that these bars have done the TRICK I was looking for as I have a dip but its all so smooth as opposed to a BIG gap to the hoods in transition .
I think Sir Climb was looking to make this fix too . I used Shimano 9 Speed DurAce levers if this matters to you . I give these hoods 5 :banana: if your looking for a rating . Oh yes they flare out at the drop tips and bend back a tad too but thats no so bad . The Captain is always looking to improve his own bike fit and so should you as there is so much new ergonomically improved stuff out there today .

pale scotsman
02-05-2005, 04:11 PM
Sounds good Sir Smiley. I've been thinking about trying the biomax in place of the pro bars I've been running. The thing that would make these bars tops in my book is if the drop flats were long enough to put your whole hand on.

Climb01742
02-05-2005, 04:34 PM
smiley, could you post a photo of your installed bars, shot from the side, if possible? a flat ramp, shallow drop, and long flat drops are my holy grail. and frustratingly, very few online catalog shots of bars are shot directly from the side, so you can see clearly the ramp and drops. if you could photo this, smiley, i'd appreciate it very much. very glad you're happy with your new set-up!!! as bigmac says, ride-on! (where is bigmac, anyway?)

Smiley
02-06-2005, 09:09 AM
Climb , send me your e-mail and I'll shoot the photo's for you in full resoultion
magoo252@comcast.net

Smiley
02-06-2005, 04:01 PM
Bullie and Climb , check your mail , Eddie I'll sell them to you , never crashed and not badly worn .

vandeda
02-06-2005, 04:12 PM
Smiley, could you send me a picture too please? I'm looking at one online from some online store .... but a picture on a bike would be awesome. Is the flat part of the drop long enough? It looks too short for even my little hands to use ... but again, it could be the picture I'm looking at too.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
Dan

Smiley
02-06-2005, 04:22 PM
Please send me an e-mail too magoo252@comcast.net and I'll send them out to all that request them . There are three shots that Climb requested and the bars they are the best .