PDA

View Full Version : You heard it here . . .

BumbleBeeDave
09-02-2009, 09:06 PM
. . . ALMOST first. We'll see how THIS plays out . . .

BBD

http://velocitynation.com/content/features/2009/armstrong-tour-blood-values-suspicious

dekindy
09-03-2009, 08:10 AM
You have got to ask yourself one question. Is Lance Armstrong stupid enough to post numbers that would prove he doped? I doubt it.

Also, if I understand correctly he was posting these numbers daily during the tour. As a master strategist and psychologist it would be demoralizing for his competitors to see that he was not weakening. It would not surprise me in the least if the posted numbers were intended to do just that.

Doesn't the strongest athlete exhibit characteristics that are way outside the norm. Maybe he could have ridden even harder and his numbers would have went down but was being a team player and holding back.

As the most tested athlete in the world, how could he possibly be the only one not to be caught, especially with everyone that is trying to bring him down? Bravo for him to not let all this negative noise prevent him from competing.

I know a lot of people that have cancer or have died from it. My business partner's husband had colon cancer and it has spread to his lungs. My partner and her daughter attended our other partner's wedding reception Saturday night. He was unable to attend because he is doing a round of chemo treatments. Her daughter was wearing a Livestrong bracelet. Kudos for Lance for coming back and spending so much of his time and energy giving back to the cancer community.

goonster
09-03-2009, 08:13 AM
Kudos for Lance for coming back and spending so much of his time and energy giving back to the cancer community.
Lance's advocay and fundraising are commendable, but let us never conflate those with his sporting achievements.

TimD
09-03-2009, 08:50 AM
No opinion on larger question, but...

Information regarding the accuracy of the measurements conveniently omitted. A +/-5% error would account for the differences. Suggesting high accuracy by including additional "significant" digits in the reported values is a common trick.

Your Measurements May Vary.

goonster
09-03-2009, 11:30 AM
I keep hearing that haematocrit is supposed to fall during a long stage race, so I don't find it remarkable when there is a modest rise between the Giro and Tour. It looks like a "spike" only because there a fewer data points in that period.

I also did not know that the agencies are providing the athletes with numerical results, and not just a pass/fail verdict.

That's a lot of tests.

This also seems to prove that publishing a big pile of data doesn't really settle anything. There are always those who see ominous things in the clouds.

false_Aest
09-03-2009, 12:09 PM
erhm...

blah blah blah blah blah blood blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah numbers blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah lance blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah drugs blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah cancer blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah cheating blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah doping blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah AMERICAN IDOL

You know what I mean?

false_Aest
09-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Oh yeah.

Kurt Cobain is dead.

nahtnoj
09-03-2009, 12:13 PM
erhm...

blah blah blah blah blah blood blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah numbers blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah lance blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah drugs blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah cancer blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah cheating blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah doping blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah AMERICAN IDOL

You know what I mean?

+1. Too much emotional investment in Lance as a symbol. Go ride. Have fun. Its a beautiful day on the East Coast.

Charles M
09-03-2009, 12:18 PM
well blah'd
;)

Bud_E
09-03-2009, 02:13 PM
Oh yeah.

Kurt Cobain is dead.

No. He and Elvis and Michael Jackson are jamming in a secret location.

gman
09-03-2009, 09:07 PM

I wonder what that would sound like....

dannyg1
09-03-2009, 09:38 PM
I wonder what that would sound like....

Too many singers.

peanutgallery
09-03-2009, 09:47 PM

Bermuda Triangle = Elvis needs boats. Nuff said, Mojo Nixon had it right years ago

cadence90
09-03-2009, 09:50 PM
Too many singers.
But truly excellent medical staffs!!!!

93legendti
09-04-2009, 06:35 AM
Can we get Jim Morrisson to sit in?

dekindy
09-04-2009, 06:54 AM
Lance's advocay and fundraising are commendable, but let us never conflate those with his sporting achievements.

Why not? I don't get your point. They are inextricably linked. And the cycling world and cancer cause are very much the better for it! Well, I got to go cause I am headed to "The Shack" to buy some batteries.

jpw
09-04-2009, 07:06 AM
Some obscure Danish/ Norwegian researchers looking to raise their profiles on the back of a global media 'asset' (Armstrong). Is their funding for '09/ '10 looking uncertain? LOL