PDA

View Full Version : OT: What's the scam angle here?

William
09-01-2009, 09:44 AM
What’s the angle here? I get these every so often and they always sound fishy in one way or another. They are always signed by a guy who supposedly belongs to a company yet uses a hotmail/Gmail address.

William

************************************************** ************************************************** ****************************************

*NOTE: We have been manually researching links and contacting those who are interested in Link exchange. If we have offended you by sending this to you by mistake, we apologize. If we do not get any positive response, we shall not send a mail to you again.

Dear Webmaster,

We are marketing www .closecombattraining .com and we feel that reciprocating it with your site should help increase traffic and also search engine rankings to a certain extent.

We have placed a link to your website over here:-
www. closecombattraining .com/related/fighting.php

Your link details are:-
<p><a href= "http://www.mongrelcombativearts .com/" target="_blank">Mongrel Combative Arts</a> - Instructing Muay-Lao Thai Boxing and Filipino Fighting Arts in East Greenwich, Rhode Island.

Kindly check the link details and if you need any modifications, please let me know.

I would also appreciate if you link back to my website using this code:-

<p><a href= "http://www.closecombattraining .com/" target="_blank>Martial Arts Moves</a> - Learn self-defense & Martial Arts techniques that really work. Personal Martial Arts and Self Defense Made Easy to Learn And Train. Very Effective Protection!</p>

I will keep the link active for 7 days. If you are not interested in linking back then we will remove this reciprocal link (to be fair to our other link partners).

Thanks.

Category: Martial Art / Self Defense / Army Training / Fighting / Black Belt

Best regards,
aven dave
Link Manager
Search Engine Marketing Company
E-mail:- aven.dave @hotmail. com

mandasol
09-02-2009, 02:23 PM
It's pretty standard fare. If you run a website having links to your site can help with your search engine ranking. The proper way to do this is build/share links with people who run websites you know, pay to advertise links to your site on other sites, or get a mention in a news article or forum or other informational online source. Some people like to use automated robots to create temporary links and spam sites that may have some type of connection with their site and ask to create a reciprocal link. They should at least try to properly find good websites and get the admin contact information, but most of the time they mine your contact email from whois searches. I doubt how effective the automated method is and see it just as a business for the company that sets up the automated service to webmasters trying to get a better search engine ranking. I get these a lot too and just ignore them.

WadePatton
09-02-2009, 10:33 PM
i don't trust any email with "kindly" in it. :fight: :D

Louis
09-02-2009, 10:51 PM
i don't trust any email with "kindly" in it. :fight: :D

Especially when we're talking about hand-to-hand combat web sites...