PDA

View Full Version : jerk's first prediction of 2005

jerk
02-03-2005, 09:03 PM
jerk prediction #1: levi leipheimer will win the tour de france this year. at least he will be riding the best time trial bike in the world:
(no the jerk can't get you one.)

the walrus
02-03-2005, 09:12 PM
His arms are too hairy. Compare his arm hair to that of Armstrong, or Kloden, or even Popovich, really no comparison.

Smooth arms = winner
Hairy arms = President of Loser Incorporated

weisan
02-03-2005, 09:15 PM
Prediction #2: Cipo will win a stage. :eek: :hello:....And how about prediction #3 being LA breaking the hour record.

jerk
02-03-2005, 09:24 PM
His arms are too hairy. Compare his arm hair to that of Armstrong, or Kloden, or even Popovich, really no comparison.

Smooth arms = winner
Hairy arms = President of Loser Incorporated

excuse me pot...the kettle is on line one..... :beer: :beer:

Chief
02-03-2005, 10:07 PM
Boy I can't imagine riding in that position for an hour, give or take a few minutes. He sure doesn't look very comfortable.

vaxn8r
02-03-2005, 10:16 PM
jerk prediction #1: levi leipheimer will win the tour de france this year. at least he will be riding the best time trial bike in the world:
(no the jerk can't get you one.)
Yeah, I heard that Specialized makes the world's best TT bikes...

dirtdigger88
02-03-2005, 10:19 PM
does anyone have a link to their site?

Jason

jerk
02-03-2005, 10:20 PM
yeah, specialized recently opened a factory in switzerland:

www.walser-cycles.ch

they were doing alot of testing....that was only one of the positions tried...turned out not to be the most aero....the best was with the walser straight extensions...anyway, levi really likes the walser....he told the jerk it was the stiffest bike he'd ever ridden....(whatever the heck that means!)
he likes it alot as do the rest of the gerolsteiner guys....and everyone else who has one.
jerk

e-RICHIE
02-03-2005, 10:24 PM
jerk-issimo...
no links!!!
it's too soon to fall off the wagon!

jerk
02-03-2005, 10:26 PM
hey the jerk doesn't sell that stuff...you gotta deal with the man directly; herr andy walser!

jerk

vaxn8r
02-03-2005, 10:37 PM
So Specialized makes Walsers? I wonder if they use those Zertz inserts because those are pretty cool. And BarPhat...lots of that is goooood...

Climb01742
02-04-2005, 04:48 AM
jerk, what makes a walser so good? is it the narrow profile? stiffer? what makes a TT rig special? thanks.

Bruce K
02-04-2005, 05:10 AM
Climb;

TT bikes are rather special beasts.

Aero tubing, generally the new ones have internally routed cabling, most have a recess to fair in the rear wheel, and aero seatposts.

Geometry is changed slightly as well with different head and seat tube angles.

I believe the frames tend to be sized down a little as well with longer seat tubes.

Levi's picture was interesting in that the aerobars appear to be clip-ons with a straight handlebar and no brake levers. Also his helmet is tipped back on his head and appears to have a shape similar to the banned "private design" Giro that Lance and Millar used to wear.

I just received my HED V04 frame set yesterday (frame, fork, seat post, and carbon saddle). I am dropping it off at the LBS tomorrow along with my Cannondale TT bike to begin the parts transfer. I am waiting for the s-bend aerobar extensions. They are not yet available but should be before Spring arrives.

I will post photos when I get it back and will probably be posting the Cannondale R1000Aero frame set in the Classifieds.

BK

Ozz
02-04-2005, 07:21 AM
So Specialized makes Walsers?...

How soon till they move production to Taiwan? ;)

cinelli
02-04-2005, 07:42 AM
My local Specialized dealer said that the new carbon Specialized Roubaix frames were made by Giant....or at least the same company that makes Giant carbon frames. :confused:

zap
02-04-2005, 08:45 AM
Jerk, do you still like your Walser? Haven't seen you talk about your tt bike for some time.

It seems like you get new toys every other month and the old ones are stashed in the garage.

jerk
02-04-2005, 09:55 AM
remember zap, the walser is only partly the jerk's....it's mostly someone elses (ok entirely) it is the best time trial bike in the world and probably the most technologically advanced cycling product in the world.....but it unlike some other really high end stuff can only be used by those who can utilize it to its full potential....the position is weird, it demands that you "row" and muscle the bike...in short that you have the lifestyle, power and training regiment of a pro athlete....the jerk is not enough man for that bike he's afraid....it demands a certain lifestyle its other owner possesses.
jerk

wheelworks
02-04-2005, 10:22 AM
[QUOTE=jerk]remember zap, the walser is only partly the jerk's....it's mostly someone elses (ok entirely) it is the best time trial bike in the world and probably the most technologically advanced cycling product in the world.....

The Best Time trial in the world!!!!!!! I would say the best TT in the world is the one that fits the rider the best. Just because the wind tunnel tests say the bike is fast does not mean the rider will be fast on it!!! This is what makes the Serotta CXII frame such a deal!!!! The bike is maybe 20% of aero whilst the rider is somewhere around 80%. So, if you can get a custom built bike that fits, puts the rider in his or her best aero position with optimu, power out put... then you will have the BEST Time Trial bike in the world.