PDA

View Full Version : OT- XM Radio Discount

fourflys
08-27-2009, 09:33 AM
So, if you have XM radio (and I'm guessing Sirrius), you can get it cheaper by doing the following...

Call up customer care, ask to talk to cancellations (only they can do this). Tell cancellations you're going to cancel unless they can lower your yearly rate. They have a promotion that allows you to get a year's worth of service for $88 total (including the royalty fee) instead of something like $170...

** They just started imposing a music royalty fee in June or July of this year at something like $1.80 a month of something like that...

Anyway, I did this last night on a tip from my buddy and it worked great...

Good Luck

William
08-27-2009, 09:53 AM
I tried that with Serotta. I called up asking for frame cancellations and told them I would cancel my order if they couldn't lower the Custom fee. Ben got on and a bunch of these began to float out of the ear piece on my phone: @%#*%^#$!*#....

It didn't work...and now I can't show my face at the factory again. ;)

William

false_Aest
08-27-2009, 10:07 AM
Hrm.

I wonder if employers do this with their employees

the unjet
08-27-2009, 11:00 AM
I did that yesterday for the second consecutive year. I called to renew and told them that the price was too high. They transferred me to another dept ( I guess it should be called the customer retention dept) and they immediately offered the same deal as last year - $77 plus tax for the year. They also offered $20 for five months, but I didn't want the hassle of having to renew every few months.

the unjet

Ahneida Ride
08-27-2009, 12:16 PM
I tried that with Serotta. I called up asking for frame cancellations and told them I would cancel my order if they couldn't lower the Custom fee. Ben got on and a bunch of these began to float out of the ear piece on my phone: @%#*%^#$!*#....

It didn't work...and now I can't show my face at the factory again. ;)

William

William called me up and told that if I did not offer him
free HBB, he would pay me a visit ...

it worked. :)