PDA

View Full Version : New perspective...Tyler Hamilton

cinelli
02-02-2005, 07:07 AM
I am not taking a stand for/against Tyler Hamilton being innocent/guilty. I'll let the powers "that be" determine that. However, just for arguments sake, let's say Tyler is found innocent of all charges. Isn't he still washed up? Every major team has filled their roster, every budget has been allocated for 2005 and Tyler will still have a cloud of uncertainty over him. Hasn't his career been effectively ruined even if he is innocent? :confused:

Kevan
02-02-2005, 07:14 AM
by doubt. His hardest climb will be restoring his image, and gaining a solid foothold to this coming season.

victoryfactory
02-02-2005, 07:38 AM
Tyler is cleared.....
he signs a one year contract with Sierra Nevada.......
Wins the tour of Georgia......
On a Serotta....
Retires.....

Huh?....
I must have dozed off....
What were you saying?

VF

Russell
02-02-2005, 07:53 AM
He would have a hard time getting on a DIV 1 team this year, but I don't think it would have a lasting effect. Has it hurt any of the previous violators? May hurt is US endorsements.

coylifut
02-02-2005, 08:06 AM
If Tyler was cleared of all charges they'd be beating a path to his door. His rep would be supect in the US, but across the pond it's not really cheating unless you get caught. He'd be un caught. If Zulle, Virenque, Defaux...survived the Festina scandal, Tyler would do just fine if cleared.

Lifelover
02-02-2005, 10:06 AM
IF he is cleared maybe his good friend will make room for him on the Discovery Channel Team :banana:

Then they could take 1 and 2 at the TDF :beer:

yeehawfactor
02-02-2005, 10:52 AM
phonak was just added to the pro tour

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2005/feb05/feb02news

cycleman_21
02-02-2005, 12:22 PM
Tyler's Hearing Date Scheduled!

After 4 months of waiting for a hearing date it looks as if Tyler's hearing date will be the week of February 29th to March 3rd.

Tyler will finally be able to clear his name!

Therefore, THF's annual Gala will be rescheduled!! Stay tuned for more details!

We will celebrate in March!
It will be the celebration of the year!

But until then, you can bid on some of the the great items! The THF Gala Auction is now online for everyone! You can start bidding on February 3rd and the auction closes on March 3rd!

Check it out!
Keep your eyes on the items because where else would you find dinner with Tyler Hamilton cooked by Andy Hampsten?

Auction will run from February 3 to March 3, 2005

here is the latest that came in on my e-mail
I have ridden with his dad
really nice people,I hope this gets cleared up

shaq-d
02-02-2005, 02:10 PM
phonak was just added to the pro tour

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2005/feb05/feb02news

in that same link, the article about lemond's suit against an accessory company speaks volumes...

sd

cinelli
02-02-2005, 02:17 PM
I don't think the process works as easily as you think. In these "alleged" doping cases, you are guilty until proven innocent. The WADA has found blood inconsistencies at both the Olympics and the Vuelta. For Tyler's sake, I hope he has some concrete evidence to prove himself.

BumbleBeeDave
02-03-2005, 09:50 AM
A portion of a story from VeloNews.com . . .

<< Pat McQuaid, the president of the UCI road commission and the race director of the Tour de Langkawi, says his organization was neither surprised nor opposed to the recent Court of Arbitration for Sport decision that put Phonak back in the ProTour.

"If Phonak had done everything at the beginning that they eventually did, they would have probably been in the ProTour all along," he said. "And no matter what happens with Perez and Hamilton, they'll stay in. They've taken the correct position on both riders. They got rid of them and that's that. They no longer take the position with Hamilton that they took in the beginning.

"Once they accepted that there were blood anomalies within the team during the year, it wasn't right to throw them out because of two riders who both have cases that are under appeal."

A post on Hamilton's Web site announced that his appeal hearing had finally been scheduled, and was set to take place from February 28 to March 3. >>

. . . Am I being too cynical to interpret this as his REALLY saying, "Hey, our rank intimidation worked, so we're OK with it. Riders not yet proved guilty? No problem!--accused is guilty as far as we're concerned!"

This just seems like another example of UCI not being too concerned with due process, fairness, or the reputations of individuals.

BBDave

Tom
02-03-2005, 10:11 AM
Yes.

BumbleBeeDave
02-03-2005, 10:38 AM
Like I didn't know already that I'n too cynical? ;)

BBD

BBB
02-03-2005, 04:33 PM
Interesting Hamilton actually gave evidence during Phonak's appeal at CAS, though there is no mention in the award of what that evidence was.

I would have thought that if Hamilton is cleared to ride that he will be re-employed by Phonak. Certainly they have spent a considerable amount of money in having the blood testing procedure examined, while the 'termination' of his contract was seemingly only to placate the UCI to try and ensure receipt of a Pro Tour licence. All speculation however until the hearing process is completed.