PDA

View Full Version : Propulsion of Missiles...

nahtnoj
08-23-2009, 07:09 PM
...is what the individuals in the Dodge Ram pickup who elected to throw batteries at me this afternoon will be charged with if the Pennsylvania State Police are able to locate them.

vqdriver
08-23-2009, 07:35 PM
hope you got the plates.

Basil
08-23-2009, 07:36 PM
I feel your pain. I'm still fuming about the d'bags who nailed me with a tunafish sandwich on the Jones Beach causeway 25 years ago. If I had a SHOT I WOULD HAVE TAKEN IT.

Kevan
08-23-2009, 07:52 PM
I would have thought the charges would be assault 'n' battery.

I still get in a pissy mood when I think about the Mercedes driver who decided to speed up loudly behind me and buzz me. Just the thought of me dragging a cleated foot across the car's sidepanels, as he was stopped at a light, felt soo...good.

Elefantino
08-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Hammers thrown, yes.

Sodas spilled, yes.

Guns shown, yes.

Batteries? I thought those were just for right field in Yankee Stadium.

BumbleBeeDave
08-23-2009, 08:42 PM
. . . are we talking about here? AA? AAA? CAR batteries?

None of them are good . . . just wondering.

BBD

paulrad9
08-23-2009, 09:06 PM
I thought this was going to be about snot rockets.

To the OP, hope you didn't get hurt

Dekonick
08-23-2009, 10:22 PM
Shocking!

I hope they get charged!

seriously - hopefully they are caught. That could easily kill someone.

What kind of battery was it? Did they hit you? Are you and your bike ok?

William
08-24-2009, 04:24 AM
Man. I hope it wasn't one of those 6 volt lantern batteries!!

Those dudes are ripe for a bully beatdown. I hope the OP is alright.

William

pjm
08-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Ah, pick-up drivers. How come every one of them who drives a diesel PU feels the need to "soot" our group of riders? And I mean every time! What is the intelligence level of these idiots? This is usually around 7 in the evening so I imagine they're also pretty well liquored up already.

R2D2
08-24-2009, 08:55 AM
Ah, pick-up drivers. How come every one of them who drives a diesel PU feels the need to "soot" our group of riders? And I mean every time! What is the intelligence level of these idiots? This is usually around 7 in the evening so I imagine they're also pretty well liquored up already.

Doesn't work on me as I love the smell of diesel from a Cummins 6BT.
Usually meant we were heading offshore to the blue water.

39cross
08-24-2009, 08:56 AM
Yepp, it's always pick-up drivers....I suspect socio-economic factors at work here. As in the same misplaced rage as in the health care "debate".

R2D2
08-24-2009, 08:58 AM
I would have thought the charges would be assault 'n' battery.

I still get in a pissy mood when I think about the Mercedes driver who decided to speed up loudly behind me and buzz me. Just the thought of me dragging a cleated foot across the car's sidepanels, as he was stopped at a light, felt soo...good.

I only got even once.
Hit in the head with a beer bottle sans helmet ( 1970's).
The boys were out in Daddy's car and got stopped at the light.
The metal cleat made a great sound and scratch all the way down the drivers
side. Then I shot thru the stop light into the dark.
Felt great!

William
08-24-2009, 09:05 AM
I only got even once.
Hit in the head with a beer bottle sans helmet ( 1970's).
The boys were out in Daddy's car and got stopped at the light.
The metal cleat made a great sound and scratch all the way down the drivers
side. Then I shot thru the stop light into the dark.
Felt great!

That would have been really cool if it threw off sparks while you did it. ;)

William

nahtnoj
08-24-2009, 10:17 AM
They were C or D, maybe 9 volt? Never found them, flew into field/tall grass.

I don't understand what sort of insecurities/personality defects someone must have to feel the need to menace a defenseless cyclist from the cab of their 6000 pound truck.

My girlfriends sister just moved about a mile from work. I'm trying to get her to think about riding there. She was asking me Saturday night which drivers pose the biggest threat. I responded "white men in Dodge Ram pickup trucks". She thought mini-van moms, but I responded they are never really intentionally threatening. 12 hours later...

I was able to get revenge once. A car of teenagers yelled while passing, it was quite startling but mostly innocuous yelling. I rolled up to them at the next light. I was real enthusiastic - "Thanks for the encouragement back there! High five?" Kid in the passenger seat sticks his hand out the window, I wound up, smacked it with all my strength, and rode away waving with a big grin on my face.

gdw
08-24-2009, 12:14 PM
plate number?

bzbvh5
08-24-2009, 02:58 PM
Yepp, it's always pick-up drivers....I suspect socio-economic factors at work here.

I drive a pickup and initially thought how stereotypical. But, stereotypes exist for a reason. Looking back, my three most confrontational cycling instances are all with boys (I won't call them men) in pickups. The worst one was a Dodge Ram pickup.

The bullies with low self esteem, poor grades, and parents that don't care, that had nothing better to do in high school still have nothing better to do.

Lincoln
08-24-2009, 03:47 PM
Most confrontations: white Ford pickups.
Worst confrontation (really!): Late-middle-aged woman driving a minivan with........wait for it.......a nun in the back seat :crap: .

nahtnoj
08-24-2009, 03:51 PM
plate number?

I did. Came back to an address on the other side of the state, which seems a little unlikely. Police will try to determine whether he still lives there or not.

benb
08-24-2009, 04:47 PM
My worst was a woman who looked to be 60+ driving a white with gold trim Lexus RX350.

So there, it takes all types!

bronk
08-25-2009, 12:36 AM
It's the dorky helmet and team kit that really attracks the attention...

less dork = fewer batteries

rwsaunders
08-25-2009, 08:48 AM
It's a toss up for the winner in my case...red tri-axle or silver BMW 540. Both ended up being cited after they chose to leave their vehicles. You might be fine behind a pile of steel, but once you leave the vehicle, the license plate goes on the camera phone, and I call a cop. Side note...the tri-axle driver almost passed a brick when he pulled over, got out, then had five cyclists stop to say hello. Apparently he didn't look in his rear view mirror. The Bimmer driver backed down as soon as I told him that his kids would certainly be proud of his actions...they were in their car seats.

Here's to hoping that the battery boys are introduced to a PA State Trooper who's had stale Wheaties for breakfast.

bigbill
08-25-2009, 11:32 AM
Back in the mid 90's we were riding on St Johns island in the Charleston, SC area. I'm pretty sure davidlee was in the group. At a light where we normally turned right, a guy in a truck backed in to our group to teach us a lesson about riding on the road. A few bikes were damaged and some guys had minor road rash. We got his license number and he was arrested later. He did some jail time and paid a hefty fine.