PDA

View Full Version : Goat Head...The Movie

EPOJoe
08-20-2009, 10:55 PM
Goat head thorn season is once again in full swing here in northern California, and I’m guessing in other areas as well, so here’s a little primer and a (goat) heads up so you know what to look for out there (yeah, like that’s gonna help).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E95lxyZkGw

MattTuck
08-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Maybe he'd have fewer problems if had 2 wheels instead of 3? ;)

Saxon
08-20-2009, 11:21 PM
Maybe he'd have fewer problems if had 2 wheels instead of 3? ;)
That's what I keep telling him! :bike:

Kines
08-21-2009, 07:14 AM
"tiny package of misery" - that's good.

What we called goatheads in south TX were a little different, but no less miserable. They were (are) more spherical, with needle sharp thorns pointing in all directions. And if you stepped on one barefoot, you'd often have two or three thorns imapling your flesh at different angles, making removal an especially painful experience.

KN

konstantkarma
08-21-2009, 09:30 AM
The Goat Head thorn and the Law of Karma.....

Once, while living in Denver, I was riding on the Highline Canal MUT. For those of you familiar with the HC path, it crosses several prominent prairie dog colonies. One day I was feeling frisky on my ATB and decided to chase a couple of the prairie dogs. It wasn't long before I realized that they had cleverly placed their burrow openings in a field of goat head thorns. 2 flats later, and couple of thorns in my feet, and I realized what karma was.