PDA

View Full Version : What's my Colorado CRL worth?

jwegzz
08-19-2009, 05:50 PM
I have a mint '93 Colorado CRL, 56L with Campy record 8 speed and all the other good stuff from that period that's been hanging in my basement for a few years and thinking about selling it. I have been watching ebay and craigslist and have not seen any come across. Any idea what its worth?

c-record
08-20-2009, 04:49 AM
But since I'm nice I'll offer $50.00 and pay shipping. :)

dekindy
08-20-2009, 06:12 AM
I would suggest doing a search of the classifieds and you can get a feel. Do an advanced search on Colorado in the title and limit it to the Classifieds forum.

Chris
08-20-2009, 07:30 AM
Having sold one and regretted it, I can tell you that it isn't worth what it's worth...

thwart
08-20-2009, 08:01 AM
Having sold one and regretted it, I can tell you that it isn't worth what it's worth... The correct answer. :p

rdparadise
08-20-2009, 08:08 AM
However, I saw a completely repainted one in mint condition at the T-Town swap meet in October 2008. It was completely built up with D/A components and came with a spare set of wheels. It had tri-color fade paint job and he was asking $1200. It was my size (56) and I thought 2x's about it but passed.

This bike was gorgeous and looked brand new.

If yours is completely built up and in good condition, I would suspect around $600 max. Just a guess as I haven't seen any sold recently.

Earlier this year, I sold my '98 CSI with F1 and was able to garner $900 on the bay.

Good luck,

Bob

roydyates
08-20-2009, 02:07 PM
Having sold one and regretted it, I can tell you that it isn't worth what it's worth...

I bought a Colorado CRL 56X for $500 this Spring on the NYC craigslist, but mine came only with Ultegra 8-speed brifters. Still, the Mavic wheels seem solid and I've ridden it about 1500 miles since then. It's fun to add another bike to the mix. It's hard for me to imagine finding a nicer bike for the price.

Ken Robb
08-20-2009, 02:25 PM

I think you mean it's worth more (to you) than it's worth in $$ on the market. I have a few bikes like that---actually a few too many. :)

Chris
08-20-2009, 03:00 PM
I think you mean it's worth more (to you) than it's worth in $$ on the market. I have a few bikes like that---actually a few too many. :)

xactly. The price that frame will bring on the market is not nearly equal to the actual quality and value of the frame.

Ken Robb
08-20-2009, 04:19 PM
yep--I look at a couple of bikes that I ride on special occasions and think I should sell them but then I realize they wouldn't bring enough to offset the pleasure they give me when I ride them---or just look at them. :)

StephenCL
08-20-2009, 04:33 PM
If you break it up, you will get a lot more for it. Excellent condition 8 speed record groupos have been bringing between 500-800 on the big auction site. The frame should bring around 300.00.

Ironically, if you try to sell it all put together you will only see around 600.00 for it all.

This has been my own personal exprience as well with 2 differnet csi's.

Stephen