PDA

View Full Version : All Merckxs Belgian? Corsa superior SATAS, 'Cross Suggestions for next year...?

Dr. Doofus
01-17-2004, 01:44 PM
1) A source who has not been wrong in the past, and who is well-connected within the industry, praised my Corsa as being "one fo the few that's actually Belgian." Now, the Race and the Leader are Taiwanese, and painted in Belgium, and the we all know the Merckxspeed...but is it true that the Team SC is also welded in Taiwan, and then finished in Belgium?

2) Speaking of the Corsa, the good Doctor recommends it for whatever ails you...used it for some psuedo-cross twice this last week, and it came through like a champ: proof of a superior Suburban All Terrain Assault System....

3) Speaking of 'cross-type activities, any suggestions for a real cross frame on a sort of budget? Remember, I'll be paying shop-slave...so anything that retails for around 1500 or so would be fair game....

Robert

shinomaster
01-17-2004, 02:44 PM
check out the 2004 fuji cross...super light frame, carbon fork, great parts for the price, and best of all, Taiwanese quality!!!

my brother and i both have one, some places are selling last years bikes for $700!!!

shinomaster
01-17-2004, 02:56 PM
if you just want a frame check out the Merckx, and Empella sets. The salsa frame is probably the best value..

jerk
01-17-2004, 03:39 PM
sorry to disapoint but it is very unlikely that your corsa was made in belgium either. the majority of the corsa 0.1s were built in italy. (the jerk's friends at gita are going to crucify me for saying this)...but the jerk has seen them with his own eyes. to the jerk's best knowledge, team scs are predominantly made in belgium. the steel corsas and mx leaders are only sure to be made in belgium if they are custom made to measure frames.
the jerk

jerk
01-17-2004, 03:41 PM
dr. doofus,

get a merckx cross frame. it's great. just ask those who have one.

Dr. Doofus
01-17-2004, 05:19 PM
Yo jerk, who is not marc patry, nor is he jan nevens, nor is he...he is only the one who represents none but himself, he whose name shall not be spoken.

My Corsa was a custom job, built to my geo...so I'm guessing it was actually made in the land where the pommes frites fry in old bottom bracket grease.

I like the Merkcx suggestion...I wonder if they'd make a lugged Corsa cross frame for me, seein' how its just for training....

Robert

Balf
01-22-2004, 03:10 AM
chek this v nice Merckx cross bike out:

http://www.londoncyclesport.com/bikes/merckx_warrick_x.html

rnhood
01-22-2004, 04:22 AM
Now that's a bike that looks like it means business. Very nice.

dnovo
01-22-2004, 06:00 AM
Interesting British website, which includes this photo and a tech spec write up on the bike, proof that some Serottas do indeed get dirty. Dave N.