PDA

View Full Version : Serotta DELIVERS the goods in RECORD time

Smiley
08-12-2009, 08:33 PM
Working with a lovely women client now for close to a year. She finally decides to buy a new Serotta Classique since she knows nobody has a 61 cm ST by 56 cm TT frame off the shelf she can purchase. The 3 week or less turn around never came into play as she had her old back up bike to ride, that's until she broke the rear binder bolt lug and can't get her seat post to clamp in anymore. I release her bike on Monday 8-3-09 with a "hurry up please" note to Steve at Serotta and my secretary tells me Tuesday 8-11-09 that there is a box in the reception with my name on it. WOW one week and one day for a turn around. She is very happy and now awaits her components to arrive for her new build.
Thanks Serotta when you say 3 weeks or less you really mean it. BTW this is a second Serotta Classique delivered to a client in under the promised delivery time. Both BIG frames too.

Blue Jays
08-12-2009, 09:54 PM
Wow, that is unreal and definitely a success story.
Way to go Serotta folks! :beer:

vqdriver
08-13-2009, 01:02 AM
Dude
how tall is she?

Spicoli
08-13-2009, 06:02 AM
As an FYI to our hosts, this fast turn around idea really does tempt me to have a new bike built! I can honestly say if I was in the market for a new bike, I would not even think twice about getting a new frame from Serotta and the fast turn around makes the decision that much easier!

Nicely done :beer:

Smiley
08-13-2009, 08:23 AM
Dude
how tall is she?

We see eye to eye, so almost 6 ft and she has large feet which adds to her cycling height. Pedal spindle to top of saddle for her ideally is 99 cm but she is used to pedalling flat footed so we will have her start at 96 cm length (this measurement is with the crank extended along the seat tube). I have smallish feet for a guy and my top of saddle to pedal spindle is 96 cm. If you can tell she is all legs and this geometry is not unlike most women who are long on the legs and short in the torso.

znfdl
08-13-2009, 10:54 AM
If you can tell she is all legs and this geometry is not unlike most women who are long on the legs and short in the torso.

True, my wife rides a 58x48

alancw3
08-13-2009, 03:55 PM
We see eye to eye, so almost 6 ft and she has large feet which adds to her cycling height. Pedal spindle to top of saddle for her ideally is 99 cm but she is used to pedalling flat footed so we will have her start at 96 cm length (this measurement is with the crank extended along the seat tube). I have smallish feet for a guy and my top of saddle to pedal spindle is 96 cm. If you can tell she is all legs and this geometry is not unlike most women who are long on the legs and short in the torso.

i guess! i am 6'4" tall with a cycling inseam of 36.5" and i ride a 62X60 with a pedal spindle to top of seat of 99.5cm.

Michael Maddox
08-13-2009, 04:55 PM
i guess! i am 6'4" tall with a cycling inseam of 36.5" and i ride a 62X60 with a pedal spindle to top of seat of 99.5cm.

Good to know whose used bikes you can buy, right? You and me, bro!