PDA

View Full Version : Time Equipe Pedals & Shoes

kgrooney
08-12-2009, 07:42 AM
For years I have been using the old style Time Equipe pedals and shoes (front/rear cams) on my indoor trainer bike.

The shoes are in need of replacing and I intend to use my current road shoes (3 hole pattern) for indoor and purchase a new pair for road.

Does anyone know if an adpater plate exsits so I can use a 3 hole pattern shoe with the old style time pedal? It would be a cheaper alternative than purchasing new pedals as well.

thanks.

BdaGhisallo
08-12-2009, 08:33 AM
Yep, they did at one point. Time made their own but I doubt you'll have any luck finding any at this point. They were never produced in great quantities, and went out of production a long time ago.

However, you could use an old metal adaptor plate from Sidi's millennium sole. I have about five pairs of them, and quite a few sets of the cleats, some used but also two completely new sets still in plastic. I also have a few of the metal front cams. The only issue with the sidi plates are a very slight protrusion of the bolt hole threading on the backside of the plate, maybe 1-2mm, possibly compromising the firm mating with the sole of your shoe. You could remedy it by using a thin plastic shim under them to allow them to bite, maybe two LeWedge shims so that you cancel out the cant of the wedges. I would post a pic so that you could see, but my wife's out of town and she's got the camera.

If you want to try them, I'll throw them in a box for you and send them to you if you give me your address. I'll never have need for them again and you can have them for the cost of postage.

Geoff in Bermuda.

csm
08-12-2009, 11:06 AM
let me know if you need the adaptor plates. I have at least one set.

kgrooney
08-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Yep, they did at one point. Time made their own but I doubt you'll have any luck finding any at this point. They were never produced in great quantities, and went out of production a long time ago.

However, you could use an old metal adaptor plate from Sidi's millennium sole. I have about five pairs of them, and quite a few sets of the cleats, some used but also two completely new sets still in plastic. I also have a few of the metal front cams. The only issue with the sidi plates are a very slight protrusion of the bolt hole threading on the backside of the plate, maybe 1-2mm, possibly compromising the firm mating with the sole of your shoe. You could remedy it by using a thin plastic shim under them to allow them to bite, maybe two LeWedge shims so that you cancel out the cant of the wedges. I would post a pic so that you could see, but my wife's out of town and she's got the camera.

If you want to try them, I'll throw them in a box for you and send them to you if you give me your address. I'll never have need for them again and you can have them for the cost of postage.

Geoff in Bermuda.

Geoff,

Please e-mail me at kevin.rooney@stonybrook.edu so we can coordinate.

kgrooney
08-12-2009, 12:05 PM
let me know if you need the adaptor plates. I have at least one set.

I'll take what you have. contact me at kevin.rooney@stonybrook.edu to coordinate.