PDA

View Full Version : Any stay at home Moms and Dads who want to ride?

npla2112
08-10-2009, 07:32 PM
:banana: Hi all. Back on December 30th my wife and I lovingly welcomed our son Hendrix into this world. Now that he able sit up by himself I am looking to see if there are any other stay at home Moms or Dads who are interested in riding. I currently live in Brant Lake, New York and soon we are relocating to Albany, New York and would like to take him along for some rides with like minded folks....Any interest out there?
:banana:

csm
08-11-2009, 11:11 AM
yeah but I am in Harrisburg, PA and my youngest is 9 and rides by himself. are you thinking trailer or babyseat?

npla2112
08-11-2009, 03:31 PM
We are planning to ride in the local parks in Albany so we have a trailer so we can bring along baby gear, food, etc. A baby seat didn't seem as practical for us.

MarinRider
08-11-2009, 03:38 PM
I converted an old mountain bike to an Xtracycle with baby seat. It is working out great. It's worth checking into as the bike is easier to handle and ride around than with a trailer. We have a 14 month old.

I am in SF area, if you are ever in town with your little one...

EDS
08-11-2009, 04:13 PM
We are planning to ride in the local parks in Albany so we have a trailer so we can bring along baby gear, food, etc. A baby seat didn't seem as practical for us.

Which park in Albany are you thinking about riding? Washington? Crossings? Bike/running path along the rivers?

rugbysecondrow
08-11-2009, 06:31 PM
I used the trailer for a while and my daughter never took to it. We used the IBERT seat and she absolutly loves it. It is a little different, but the experience for her was much more enjoyable and she actually felt like she was part of the ride rather than being towed along.

Have fun,

Paul