PDA

View Full Version : Farewell Sheriff Alyson

Smiley
01-29-2005, 02:12 PM
Its been a great year having you be the peace keeper amongst us Boys and few Girls . You'll be sadly missed but who will try to replace you the "toughest" Sheriff in town . James can't do it, he does not have the guts to do what you've done ....frankly we need a WOMAN in this job .
I hope you go on to bigger and better things , I know the world will be a safer place with you appointed the new Sheriff in that town :banana:

The Captain and First mate wish you all the Best and may a tail wind show you the way to your new home port .

ridefixed
01-29-2005, 02:32 PM
what?

zap
01-29-2005, 03:54 PM
What, did Sandy take Alyson away?

Kevin
01-29-2005, 06:17 PM
She is leaving? Say it isn't true. What happened?

Kevin

Sandy
01-29-2005, 06:25 PM
I surely hope that Alyson is not leaving Serotta. She is a very integral part of the "Serotta family". Very sad day in Tombstone, if this is true.

Alyson has known exactly what to allow and not to allow on the forum. She has done it in a very gracious, thoughtful, and caring way. :confused:

Sandy

Bruce K
01-29-2005, 08:30 PM
If you are correct that Alyson is leaving, I will be truly bummed. She has been a wonderful asset for Serotta over the last year and should be very proud of the good work she ahs done.

I hope that she will post and tell us what is up... BEFORE she leaves so we can all properly thank her and wish her well.

BK

BumbleBeeDave
01-29-2005, 09:41 PM
. . . all she did was make a few lousy typos on the forum!

I would rather believe this is not true, but--sigh--Smiley DOES seem to know everythnig . . .

BBDave

kokies
01-29-2005, 09:42 PM
James,
Are you going to take that?

BumbleBeeDave
01-29-2005, 09:47 PM
Who is James? You mean Serotta James? You mean they’re the same--no! It COULDN’T be true! Then again, I don’t remember ever seeing the two of them together . . .

BBDave

Kevin
01-30-2005, 06:28 AM
It looks like it may be true. Serotta has a job listing for a webmaster/forum board administrator.

http://www.serotta.com/pages/employment.html

Kevin

OldDog
01-30-2005, 07:28 AM
Could any one you last more than a year watching over this crew? :D

I wish you the best Alyson
:banana: :banana: :banana:
:beer: :beer: :beer:

dirtdigger88
01-30-2005, 07:58 AM
man, Ben sure took the board crashing for a few days awfully hard- I cant believe he is canning Alyson over that. . . ;)

Good Luck Alyson
Anything is better than hanging with us loons
jason

Len J
01-30-2005, 08:34 AM
she got canned?

It's just as probable that she is moving on to something else on her own.

Len

dirtdigger88
01-30-2005, 08:37 AM
Len- do you see the winking guy next to my statement ( ;) ) I do not think Alyson got canned- lighten up guy!!

jason

Len J
01-30-2005, 08:44 AM
Len- do you see the winking guy next to my statement ( ;) ) I do not think Alyson got canned- lighten up guy!!

jason

I didn't know how to interpret the smiling guy that shows up.

Sorry for the msinterpretation, thanks for the clarity.

Len

BumbleBeeDave
01-30-2005, 08:45 AM
. . . and while there IS mention in the requirements of “group dynamics,” there is no mention of being a masochist, extreme patience with small children, or toleration of small typos (I’ve heard Sandy has one!) . . . Therefore, I do not believe they are going to find another long term employee until they amend the ad to list the TRUE requirements for the job!

BBDave

Kevin
01-30-2005, 09:25 AM
If they posted the true requirements, nobody would apply for the job.

Kevin

Smiley
01-30-2005, 12:59 PM
I heard that Alyson is being appointed Deputy of Home Land Security in Washington DC . Her work maintaining the peace on the Serotta website made her an excellent candidate for this position. I her she got Munson locked up :banana: and kept terrorists ( trolls ) from invading our space .

admin
01-31-2005, 07:19 AM
Break out the Kleenex, I'm leaving!

My wonderful boyfriend has been transferred to the lovely state of Maryland for his job. So at the end of February, I will be moving down to join him.

So if you know anyone in the design field who is looking for a job, please have them look over the job description (http://www.serotta.com/pages/employment.html).

Bruce H.
01-31-2005, 07:28 AM
although we have never met, I have deep respect for you and the work you have done keeping the finest forum I have had the pleasure of being a member of.
who would have dreamt that purchasing a great bike would result in participating with this intelligent, informative group of people sharing their knowledge with us neophytes (OK, so sometimes we get off on a tangent or two).
thank you for the terrific and difficult task of making this one of the premier forums on yhe web!

Good luck in your future endeavers and please stay with the forum even if you are not going to be responsible for its content.

Sincerely,
Bruce H.

admin
01-31-2005, 07:57 AM
And if anyone wants my resume to give to their HR department at their jobs in the DC area, just let me know! <hint, hint> :banana: :banana: :banana:

Smiley
01-31-2005, 08:04 AM
So rumors were true about you working for Homeland security after all ? The Nations Capitol will be a safer place with the Sheriff in town . Sheriff , you and the BF are invited out to dine with us once your in town . I promise no seafood . Lucky Merrylanders to have Alyson in town .

Smiley
01-31-2005, 08:06 AM
Hey BB Dave , why not apply for the gig , you could monitor the forum from home . Heck you already do that now :banana:

William
01-31-2005, 08:17 AM
Oh Alyson, the times we've had: :beer:

The midget bar in Baton rouge, :beer:
Riding the Pyrenees on unicycles, :bike:
Being chased through the back streets of Cebu, :eek:
Ben chasing me off the Serotta property.... :banana:
Ah those were the days.

You have done a great job moderating this forum with the right amount of temperance and fortitude, as well as troll blocking and flame extinguishing. I agree with other members, this is one of the best forums on the net. Great job and we will miss you.

The men in the clean white coats are here now. I'm going for a ride,Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........!! !!

William

Really, we'll miss you.

bostondrunk
01-31-2005, 08:36 AM
Oh Alyson, the times we've had: :beer:

The midget bar in Baton rouge, :beer:
William

Willy...............I thought I was the only one who hung out at those places!!!!!!! Ahh, the tossing contests....seems so long ago.... :beer:

Serotta_James
01-31-2005, 08:53 AM
James can't do it, he does not have the guts to do what you've done ....frankly we need a WOMAN in this job.

Wars have begun this way...

slowgoing
01-31-2005, 08:54 AM
Doesn't Sandy live in Maryland? You might want to check into it a bit before accepting any job he might offer you.

I always loved the fact that you moderated a forum for bike lovers but didn't care that much for bikes yourself.

May all of your typos and bad luck be behind you.

BumbleBeeDave
01-31-2005, 09:58 AM
I did look over the requirements and I do not have the Illustrator experience or the html skills, though I could probably handle everything else. I don't even have any idea what MySQL is! :confused: Training is certainly possible, but often employers depend on finding employees who already have the skills. I could certainly handle the organizational stuff, the photography, and the graphic design. . . what could possibly be more rewarding than being an important part of Ben's operation? It would be a real treat to design the catalog! And it couldn't be any worse than the headaches and deadlines I deal with every day now! :rolleyes:

But I am very concerned about Sandy . . . Did he know that Alyson already had a boyfriend? This could be serious! Sandy? Sandy? . . . You OK in there? ;)

BBDave

zap
01-31-2005, 10:08 AM
Alyson, the wild, wonderfully wacky Merryland bunch will convert you yet. So ask Ben for that Serotta as a going away present.

If you still won't ride, then Smiley can sell the bike for you.

Good luck and who knows, we might run into each other.

Smiley
01-31-2005, 10:21 AM
Alyson could be the ONLY employee to work at Serotta and not have used her employee status to buy a bike . Would it not be really wierd if she comes to Merryland and gets turned onto cycling and has no bike . Alyson get a bike as we have wonderful trails along the Potomac and Rock Creek . You'll be sorry if you don't , there's still time left to make this happen .

spiderman
01-31-2005, 10:44 AM
will serotta alyson
take up biking
now that she'll have time, energy
and inspiration as she separates from the forum...
...not to mention
a new bike as a parting gift??

Bruce K
01-31-2005, 10:46 AM
Alyson;

You will be sorely missed.

Good luck with your new life in MD.

Don't forget your freinds and admirers here on the forum. Drop us a note from time to time and let us know how you are getting along.

Smiley actually had some really good advice.... :D ...get a bike before you leave!.

BK

BumbleBeeDave
01-31-2005, 12:07 PM
I second the suggestions. Try to get one before you leave.

Also, please be very suspicious of any offer from Sandy to help you learn to ride . . . in Rock Creek Park . . . at night . . . alone . . . :eek: ;)

BBDave