PDA

View Full Version : Master link question

rugbysecondrow
08-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Just have a quick question about a recomendation for master link for a Shimano 9sp chain and also a master link for a 1/8 fixed/ss chain.

I have seen quite a few out there, but thought I would ask for some quick opinions.

Cheers,

Paul

dave thompson
08-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Just have a quick question about a recomendation for master link for a Shimano 9sp chain and also a master link for a 1/8 fixed/ss chain.

I have seen quite a few out there, but thought I would ask for some quick opinions.

Cheers,

Paul
The the 9-sp chain I use either the SRAM or KMC connecting links. Both work very well.

rugbysecondrow
08-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Paul

EddieBirdsell
08-05-2009, 12:24 PM
As Shimano chains do not come with quick disconnects, I usually add a Wipperman Connex Link to my Shimano 7/8-speed and 9-speed HG-93 (Ultegra/XT) and CN-7701 (Dura-Ace/XTR) chains. Nary a problem, and the chain can easily be broken without use of tools. Much easier than some other brands that use clips.

GregL
08-05-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm a big fan of the Superlink (sold by Lickton's):

http://www.lickbike.com/productpage.aspx?PART_NUM_SUB='0338-08'

I have Superlinks on all my Shimano 9 and 10-speed chains, including 'cross bikes and tandems. They are, in my experience, 100% reliable and very easy to use. I even keep an extra in my seat bag in case I need one out on the road/trail.

Regards,
Greg