PDA

View Full Version : NFL Season Tickets Waitlists Disappearing - Custom Frame Builders Far Behind?

MattTuck
08-04-2009, 02:31 PM
This article (http://www.cnbc.com/id/31950295) is a few weeks old, but I don't remember anyone posting it. (if wrong, I am sorry)

It basically says that many teams that used to enjoy multiyear wait lists for season tickets, are now in a position where the lists have dried up.

Wonder how long some of the multi-year wait lists of custom builders will hold up.

Len J
08-04-2009, 03:04 PM
This article (http://www.cnbc.com/id/31950295) is a few weeks old, but I don't remember anyone posting it. (if wrong, I am sorry)

It basically says that many teams that used to enjoy multiyear wait lists for season tickets, are now in a position where the lists have dried up.

Wonder how long some of the multi-year wait lists of custom builders will hold up.

That article is centered around the Jets and the Giants.....2 teams that because of the new stadium are charging Personal Seat licences, in the case of the Giants, at exorbitant rates. The reason the wait lists disappeared was a combination of the PSL's and a dramatic increase in seat prices.

Self-inflicted wound.

I can tell you that the waiting list in Philly for eagles tickets and the waiting list in green bay are still as long as ever.

Len

Acotts
08-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Doesn't someone have to die for Packer tickets to open up?

rwsaunders
08-04-2009, 03:21 PM
The Steelers are calling people now, who signed the waiting list in 1996. We haven't had a game blacked out since the late '70's, so it's fine by me.

Lifelover
08-04-2009, 04:09 PM
I don't know that we will se a sudden drop in custom frame orders. At least not at the one man shop level.

For your typical custom frame buyer, the current economic recession(?) primarily impacted their discretionary income. Of that discretionary money, funds spent on cycling are a fairly small percentage. However, it is an aspect of their life that they are passionate about. They may not trade up cars as often, go on cruises, eat out, or spend as much on clothing but I think they are still going to spend money on cycling.

Companies like Serotta, Seven, IF etc. have to appeal to a much larger market than the likes of Kirk, Landshark or Kelly B. It is the middlings that most likely will be hit the hardest.

If the economic struggle continue the one man shops may see some impact in future sales.

ATMO of course!

JohnHemlock
08-04-2009, 05:05 PM
I am on a waiting list for a frame and season tickets. Trying to do my part!

rphetteplace
08-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Doesn't someone have to die for Packer tickets to open up?

it is now actually less than a lifetime as people have dropped off.

I think that some very talented builders are struggling during this recession and wait lists may shorten as people drop off the que's.

mike p
08-04-2009, 07:03 PM
The herd will be thinned.

Mike

it is now actually less than a lifetime as people have dropped off.

I think that some very talented builders are struggling during this recession and wait lists may shorten as people drop off the que's.

jchasse
08-04-2009, 11:23 PM
If i send Sachs a check to his Chester adress, but he's already moved, am I officially on the waitlist? :cool:

methinks the answer be "no"

Ti Designs
08-04-2009, 11:48 PM
I still don't get it. Plunking down a deposit for tickets to every home game some time in the future. I would think investing in a large screen would make more sense - and the beer is better. As for the frame, I'll have put another 50,000 miles on while some people wait for their frame. It's not who has the most toys when they die, it's who uses them the most...

Ken Robb
08-05-2009, 10:29 AM
I must confess that the last couple of times I was offered free tickets to NFL games I turned them down.

The last time I went to a game I walked out in the second quarter because I was surrounded by drunken lout with painted faces who were cursing , drooling, and sloshing beer all over the area and me. Heck, it wasn't even a Raider game. Tailgaters turn up hours before the games and spend the time getting ripped before staggering into the stadium. Beer sales are now stopped in the 3rd quarter but by the then it's too late. BTW, I LIKE beer. :beer:
Years ago I had a friend who had owned season tickets on the 50 yard line in the shade since the Chargers played in Balboa Stadium in the 1960s. The folks in that exalted area were "mature" and pleasant to be around. My friend reached the "ultimate maturity" a few years ago so I can'tsit there any more.

Nil Else
08-05-2009, 11:19 AM
I gave up my Bears season tickets after 9 years in 1992 (84~89 were well worth it though)... they were hopeless at that point and I was back in school... It was a commitment to organize the whole ticket distribution/tailgate details every game. The people around my seats were all good people: young, old, beautiful :D . There were camaraderie and we often hung out outside the game situation. In the end, although I do miss the whole stadium vibe/atmosphere, the truth is I can pay attention/enjoy "the game" a whole lot better watching it on TV.

I don't envy friends/people with season tic for baseball at all... football games are one thing but baseball?! They are always scrambling trying to get rid of the tickets... No thanks... if you don't want them I don't either... especially at full price... except for Cubbies... Cubs tickets rarely come around though.

rwsaunders
08-05-2009, 11:25 AM
I just read an article which indicated that the public cost for Yankee Stadium is $1.2B and that Citi Field (Mets) will cost the public $614M. Maybe that's why season tickets are going up in those markets?