PDA

View Full Version : Ballan to Radio Shack?

paczki
08-03-2009, 09:48 AM
Seems an odd thing for Lampre:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ballan-set-to-leave-lampre

keevon
08-03-2009, 10:05 AM
Eh, not really that odd. RadioShack will probably want a dedicated classics rider and Ballan certainly fits the bill. Plus, if you look at the whole list of teams mentioned (RS, Astana, Sky, Rabobank) they're either new teams looking to fill their roster or established teams looking to bolster a weak lineup. I'm surprised Silence-Lotto didn't make the list...

paczki
08-03-2009, 11:40 AM
Not an odd thing for Radio Shack. An odd thing for Lampre to offer such a successful rider only a one year contract..

I Want Sachs?
08-03-2009, 12:15 PM
Georgie vs Ballan in the Spring within the team, or is it synergistic to have two cards to play?

peanutgallery
08-03-2009, 12:37 PM
Georgie vs Ballan in the Spring within the team, or is it synergistic to have two cards to play?

Lance can coach George on how to ditch Ballan at the team hotel or leave him at the finish without a ride. Then twitter about it

mike p
08-03-2009, 02:52 PM
I'd be very surprised to see george leave columbia, I think he's found a good home and will finish out his days there.

Mike

1centaur
08-03-2009, 05:54 PM
I think George will move to end his career with Lance. As for Ballan, he's not a consistent classics winner. There's room for both of them at the Live Shack, baby.

BumbleBeeDave
08-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Lance can coach George on how to ditch Ballan at the team hotel or leave him at the finish without a ride. Then twitter about it

POTD!

BBD