PDA

View Full Version : Thomson Stems

Velociotis
01-28-2005, 01:35 PM
Would anyone out there better connected to the industry than I know when the new Thomson Elite X2 stem will be available. Their site states January 2005. They are so pretty and I want one. Now.

dirtdigger88
01-28-2005, 01:59 PM
I am not really connected to the industry but I got a good idea- The mtb version is out now in Black at least- I spoke to Thomson on January 18th the silver one had just had the paint (the logo) pass product testing as of that morning which ment they were going into production as early as that day- (January 18th) or the next day. Thomson said that would mean about 3 weeks before they hit the shops- So look around the second week of Febuary for the silver to hit- I do not know about the black X2- because I did not ask about those- if you want email Thomson yourself- they have always responded to me in less than two business days-

Jason

DonH
01-28-2005, 02:00 PM
Some sizes are currently available. I saw a black one for the 1st time yesterday at my LBS. Nice looking stem! Only made for a 31.8mm handlebar according to the Thomson website.

Keith A
01-28-2005, 10:29 PM
DonH,

You are correct about the size. I had an e-mail conversation with Thomson a month or so back and right now 31.8 is all they plan on doing with their new stems. If the demand stays strong for 26.0, they may reconsider. We discussed this a while back ago in this discussion (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=5295)

dirtdigger88
01-28-2005, 10:40 PM
I like the new stems so much that I have one on order along with new ITM bars in the 31.8 size- if anyone needs some nice ITM's in a 46cm I will be unloading some very soon. . . . or I could just wait until i can afford my Terraplane and use them on it :confused:

jason