PDA

View Full Version : OT/Reliable laser fax machine

dnades
08-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Alright, so this is a bit off topic. I've had an HP 3330 mfp that has finally bit the dust after a few years. It had a really annoying habit :butt: of getting a scanner error which would shut the machine down that would happen randomly and as time went on more frequently. I felt like shipping it to HP and setting it on fire on their boardroom table :D . Anyway it finally had the last scanner error I am able to deal with and I need a new machine that will be a dedicated fax machine so I am looking for one that people are happy with. I will probably pic up a regular flat bed scanner so that I can actually use it with my computer(the hp would not interface with my Mac mini running osx.3 nor would it interface with it running XP). So what are people out there happy with? Thanks much.

JeffS
08-01-2009, 08:25 PM
I've been buying various Brother fax/copy/printers for my office. They have a slightly cheap feel to them, but they seem to last forever.

Something like the 2820 for $120 is a good deal.

http://www.provantage.com/scripts/search.dll/Q?MAX=0&CAT=OMCOPY&QUERY=brother+fax&SORT=1

Michael Maddox
08-01-2009, 11:08 PM
The Brother MFPs are great. I have the 8860DN and LOVE it.

stackie
08-02-2009, 01:28 AM
HP does not support Mac OS-X well. It's really only an afterthought. I had nothing but problems with my HP mfp. Now, I have an Epson printer that came free with my last Mac and it works well. It is not a mfp, but I think that Epson also makes mfp. Opinion on the street is that Canon stuff also works well with Apple products. I'd favor either of those two if you're using the superior operating systems.

Jon

dnades
08-02-2009, 09:06 AM
awesome. Thanks for the responses. out to get something today. :beer:

Dekonick
08-02-2009, 01:53 PM
The Brother MFPs are great. I have the 8860DN and LOVE it.

+1

I now have 3 brother printers on my home network - the 8860DN, the 2070N, and a cheapo color MFP so I can do color when needed. Seldome used, that one.

All 3 work great. Networked printing is the way to go. They are also inexpensive compared to HP, and toner/ink is a lot cheaper.

dnades
08-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Got the brother 2920 fax. And the epson v300 scanner. thanks for the input!

SoCalSteve
08-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Alright, so this is a bit off topic. I've had an HP 3330 mfp that has finally bit the dust after a few years. It had a really annoying habit :butt: of getting a scanner error which would shut the machine down that would happen randomly and as time went on more frequently. I felt like shipping it to HP and setting it on fire on their boardroom table :D . Anyway it finally had the last scanner error I am able to deal with and I need a new machine that will be a dedicated fax machine so I am looking for one that people are happy with. I will probably pic up a regular flat bed scanner so that I can actually use it with my computer(the hp would not interface with my Mac mini running osx.3 nor would it interface with it running XP). So what are people out there happy with? Thanks much.

I had a multi-function HP machine a couple years back and I felt the EXACT same way!

Never again.

Good luck with whatever you buy. I think the multi-function machines are the least dependable. Dedicated fax, scanners, copy machines, etc are the way to go.

Steve

Dekonick
08-02-2009, 06:17 PM
I had a multi-function HP machine a couple years back and I felt the EXACT same way!

Never again.

Good luck with whatever you buy. I think the multi-function machines are the least dependable. Dedicated fax, scanners, copy machines, etc are the way to go.

Steve

IF you have the room...