PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Encinitas, CA. 8/4-8/8

quattro
07-29-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm going to be visiting family in Encinitas, CA. from August 4-8 and I'm hoping to hook up with some forumites for a ride or two. I shipped my Parlee out on Monday so it will be waiting for me when I arrive. I usually ride the PCH from around Swami's up to Torrey Pines, up to Rancho Santa Fe, always looking for new routes and riding company.

I try to ride in the morning but it depends on the what the family plan is for the day, otherwise I'll ride in the late afternoon.

Let me know if you are interested in getting together and we can PM to exchange contact information. I'm looking forward to getting together with some West Coast Forumites! :banana:

jimcav
07-30-2009, 04:35 PM
the 8th i was hoping to hit the swami's ride which leaves nytro at 8am and does a fast 40 mile loop with a break in the middle

nothing wrong with just going up the coast to the powerplant and back from where you are--great ocean views. depending on where you are visiting from, going inland to the hills may feel hot

enjoy your visit
jim

quattro
07-30-2009, 05:37 PM
Jim, please tell me more about the Swami's ride, how many people? Is it every day from Nytro, or just Saturday? What is the approximate average mph of the ride, sounds like fun! Maybe we can meet up, let me know if you plan of riding on the 8th. I really enjoy riding the PCH and the views, I like outside of Boston and there isn't a road quite like the PCH around here, lots of nice roads to ride, but not like the PCH.