PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Open House

admin
01-27-2005, 11:10 AM
We are pleased to announce the annual Serotta Open House is to be held on June 11th and 12th, 2005. Our gathering celebrates Serotta's commitment to cycling culture with group rides, factory tours, a BBQ and other cycling related events. Cyclists of all types are encouraged to attend the Open House. Please stay tuned for more details.

Bruce K
01-27-2005, 12:06 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you. :banana: :banana:

It fits my summer schedule perfectly.

Last one to the SPrings Motel is a rotten banana. :banana: :banana:

Be there or be square!

BK

BumbleBeeDave
01-27-2005, 12:44 PM
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Put me on your room share list, Bruce!

BBDave

Smiley
01-27-2005, 12:58 PM
$ 75 per night with a 2 night stay , Call the Bates Motel as they have plenty of rooms right now . Ask for Karl or Gail the Inn Keepers at the Springs 518-584-6336 . Be there or be square !!

Bill Bove
01-27-2005, 01:04 PM
June is rather early in the year, will Spiers Falls still be snowed in?

BumbleBeeDave
01-27-2005, 01:07 PM
. . . It'll still be knee-deep. But we will clear a path and outline it in pink spray paint for you! :banana: :banana: :banana:

BBDave

Bruce K
01-27-2005, 01:33 PM
Dave;

I am going to get just 1 room for me and the Big Pink (if he makes it).

Book your own for now and we'll figure it all out later.

Hopefully I'll make it to WW Saturday and we can talk about it there.

BK

Birch Hill
01-27-2005, 01:40 PM
Hey guys -

How long of a drive is it from Boston to Saratoga? I'd really prefer not to have to take that Friday off from work. I'll talk to the other riders in the family to see if they'd like to come with me. See you at WW Saturday at 4.

Burch

BumbleBeeDave
01-27-2005, 01:51 PM
Figure 3 hours from Beantown, driving over here on the Mass Pike, then north on I-87. You exit right at Saratoga. Given the morning ride sked on Saturday last year, you'd probably want to come over Friday night. We also usually have a get-together at a local watering hole Friday night.

And Bruce . . . What's there to talk about? I'm there!--I'll even share a room with you, but only if you promise not to wear the underwear with the holes in it! ;) :rolleyes: :banana:

BBDave

Serotta PETE
01-27-2005, 01:54 PM
$ 75 per night with a 2 night stay , Call the Bates Motel as they have plenty of rooms right now . Ask for Karl or Gail the Inn Keepers at the Springs 518-584-6336 . Be there or be square !!

We have our room........................Pete

Bill Bove
01-27-2005, 02:14 PM
Yeah Bruce, count me in. I don't imagine anything coming up to prevent me from getting up again this year. I may get in town a few days earlier and hang out with my sister in Hopedale. We're patching up a 15 year spat. And I'd like to visit my friend Frank at Frank's Spoke 'n Wheel in Waltham and Sudbury too, great guy, great shop. Not super high tech but a friendlier, more helpful place is hard to find.

Dave, lining the road with a pink stripe is very thoughtful. Thanks dude.

Sandy
01-27-2005, 02:25 PM
Gloria and I are making reservations now at the motel that we stayed at last time. I'm glad to see Serotta making an announcement in January of the dates in June. It will give people more time to make plans.

PLEASE don't let Calfee Kevan know about the weekend. If he starts asking, just tell him that we are going fishing for turtles or something, anything. :)

Sandy

BumbleBeeDave
01-27-2005, 02:55 PM
. . . What day is the big grudge race between you and Climb up spier Falls hill?

I bet you thought we had all forgotten, didn't you? ;)

BBDave

Climb01742
01-27-2005, 02:57 PM
s.o. climb and i are in. will you guys just promise not to drop mary-ann and me again (or at least not so quickly) on the saturday ride? :rolleyes:

of course, to get s.o to come come, i gotta put her up again in that fancy hotel. anyone remember the name of it? was it the saratoga inn or something? oh the things i gotta do to get s.o. to hang out with you reprobates. :rolleyes:

bill, glad you're gonna come. bruce, wanna caravan again?

Sandy
01-27-2005, 03:01 PM
How did Climb find out about the real date?? I told him that it was in late July.

Fatso

Sandy
01-27-2005, 03:07 PM
If the race is up Spier Falls hill, I am starting on Friday, AM, with Climb starting Friday, PM, with both of us finishing Friday, PM.

Sandy

BumbleBeeDave
01-27-2005, 03:15 PM
I don't recall any discussion regarding this race that required you both to be on bikes. There are many rental car agencies in Saratoga . . . ;)

BBDave

Dekonick
01-27-2005, 08:05 PM
Wont be making it this year... not that I dont wanna go but I should have a kid screaming at me around that same time!

Yall enjoy :beer: for me ok?

Bruce K
01-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Birch;

You can either ride out with Bill Bove and me or you can join the BK/Climb motorized peloton from Concord (I assume we're doing that again, but maybe not).

Bill and I are going out on Friday and will be taking the day off.

We can talk at WW on Saturday.

BK

Climb01742
01-28-2005, 11:56 AM
bruce, i'm totally up for a friday departure and motorized caravan to saratoga springs...and the more, the merrier. ;)

BumbleBeeDave
01-28-2005, 12:13 PM
. . . the NY state police. With almost five months to plan, I'm sure they can get the puncture strips installed at the state line! :p

BBDave

Birch Hill
02-03-2005, 08:48 AM
Spoke with Karl at the 'Bates Motel". I'll be there Friday night late as we have to come up after work. In tow will be my husband (Colnago/Pinarello) and son (Fondriest)...I'm the Serotta (CDA) owner in the family.

BURCH

Sandy
02-03-2005, 10:41 AM
I certainly hope that you keep those other bikes away from your CDA. :)

Snobish Serotta Sandy