PDA

View Full Version : IRD campy cassettes

rosss
07-28-2009, 08:58 AM
Has anyone used a IRD ( interloc racing design) campy cassette?
How is the shifting? smooth, loud, etc?

was thinking of getting one because I can have a 11-28 range

dave thompson
07-28-2009, 09:35 AM
Has anyone used a IRD ( interloc racing design) campy cassette?
How is the shifting? smooth, loud, etc?

was thinking of getting one because I can have a 11-28 range
I've not used the IRD cassettes for Campagnolo, but I do have two IRD cassettes on my Shimano equipped bikes. I really can't tell much difference in shifting attributes between IRD and Shimano, the IRDs work very well. I would buy another.

RudAwkning
07-28-2009, 10:48 AM
I have an 11-28 IRD Campy cassette. Never shifted smoothly between the 13 and the 15, but otherwise fine. Was running it with a Centaur UT compact and a med cage rear.

rosss
07-28-2009, 11:39 AM
thanks for the replies. I would be using this with the new centaur levers, and a centaur med cage derailleur, single ring up front (cross)

my other option would be to buy a campy veloce 13-29 cassette, and switch out the 16t cog for a 12. But im wondering if that shift (15-17) would be problematic...

RudAwkning
07-28-2009, 12:01 PM
thanks for the replies. I would be using this with the new centaur levers, and a centaur med cage derailleur, single ring up front (cross)

my other option would be to buy a campy veloce 13-29 cassette, and switch out the 16t cog for a 12. But im wondering if that shift (15-17) would be problematic...

You'll encounter shifting issues there as well as the ramps won't lineup properly. I have a "custom" 11-29 cassette (made from a Chorus 11-21 and 13-29) and the problems are exactly where I pulled sprockets. 13/15 and 15/17. You may need to feather the shifter slightly past engagement to throw the chain up to the next cog for those shifts.

The new Centaur 10 doesn't have the heavy indexed "click" of previous 10 speed so you may find yourself overshifting every now and a again....which would be a good thing in this case :D