PDA

View Full Version : Music for the pain cave

paczki
07-27-2009, 12:02 PM
What music do you listen to when you know you are going to have to dig really deep? I don't listen to music on the road, I like to hear the cars in order to not get killed, so for me this is only on the trainer.

I'm totally addicted to listening to an obscure Scottish band called the Dog-Faced Hermans when I know I'm going have to suffer for a long time. It's getting nearly Pavlovian, when I listen to them and I'm not on the bike I start thinking "Count to ten, see if you can make it to ten, then count to ten again" and all the other tricks for getting through a long plateau of suffering and to defeat the inner voice that says "You can stop, you are in your own house for crying out loud!"

I wonder what Tony Martin listens to? That boy looked like a Grünewald crucifixion scene going up Ventoux.

davidlee
07-27-2009, 12:46 PM
Lately its been Gogol Bordello , Dropkick Murphs and High on Fire. I put together a playlist with it ramping up with my more favorite songs , towards the end of the interval.
Helps me go to my "special place".
d

fiamme red
07-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Sorry, threads about trainers/rollers are not allowed in July. :)

BumbleBeeDave
07-27-2009, 12:57 PM
. . . pick music from different groups. Whatever has the kind of beat I want, rather than sticking with a particular band/artist. Here's some of my favorites.

BBD

Lifelover
07-27-2009, 01:31 PM
I only listen to music when climbing on the Blue Ridge Parkway. I mostly listen to Hip Hop. Akon, Nelly, Justin Timberlake et. al.

Some Top 40 (current and old) stuff as well. Janes addiction, Jack Johnson, Cold Play, John Mayer, Nirvanna, Limb Bisquit.

I need the right cadence more than anything.

false_Aest
07-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Pre-race warm-up is simple short, fast punk.

NOFX, Minor Threat, Avail, SST bands, Naked Raygun, etc.

During that time when we're pedaling but not moving I opt for anything that's 2.5-3.5min long. That way I don't get bored.

paczki
07-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Naked Raygun, etc.

I remember seeing them in Chicago opening for Big Black. I am old:banana:

Wire's Pink Flag is very good for warm ups.