PDA

View Full Version : My Dog

Dude
01-26-2005, 08:39 PM
Well, I guess it didn't make it last time and I had typed out all of this stuff but forget it. Here are a couple pics of my dog per your requests. He is awesome!! Enjoy...

BBB
01-26-2005, 09:34 PM
With a black lab, that white couch is not going to stay white for too much longer!! Great pics.

dave thompson
01-26-2005, 10:02 PM
A real Sandy magnet!

wooly
01-26-2005, 10:21 PM
It took about 2 months from order until it arrived at my office. Well worth the wait.

I've gone on a couple of rides with the Brooks and MAN did my butt hurt! I'll give it some time but I don't remember the Arione being this uncomfortable out of the box. I've done the proofhide and adjusted the seat while on my rides to find a better position. So far the nose a bit up has been the best, but I don't know...

Dude
01-26-2005, 10:44 PM
Wooly, I hope you aren't talking about my dog...

BBB - gotta love IKEA couches.

NicaDog
01-27-2005, 03:51 AM
My last dog was a wonderful black lab - used to think they were the one and only dog to have. Now I'm 5 months into this and haven't ever had a better dog. I guess the dog you have is always the best dog you've ever had. They are all great.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

David

NicaDog
01-27-2005, 03:52 AM
I used the manage attachments to add pictures to above post but they didn't show up. Any advice?

Thanks

Kevin
01-27-2005, 06:03 AM
Dogs are wondeful. Enjoy.

Kevin

Smiley
01-27-2005, 07:10 AM
Thanks Dude .

Too Tall
01-27-2005, 07:33 AM
Black Labs are "real dogs", you know the ones who get all bent out of shape about a drink of water or a mud puddle. Very cute.

Sandy
01-27-2005, 08:36 AM
No reason for Sandy to ever be rude.

No reason for Sandy to look for a feud.

I am happy, content, smiling, relaxed, and in a good mood.

I just saw two pictures of the dog loved by the Dude.

Picture Perfect,

Smiling Sandy

Ozz
01-27-2005, 08:46 AM
you saying these ain't dogs!

If so, them's fightin' words!

Sic'em girls!

BTW - Dude! Awesome dog! I've had a couple labs and goldens and retrievers are great dogs.

Too Tall
01-27-2005, 09:25 AM
You are correct. 1 can of enddust + your dogs and a rousing game of chase = 1 clean house. Them ain't dogs.

zap
01-27-2005, 09:38 AM
Oh no. Head for the hills.

Cute dogs all.

H.Frank Beshear
01-27-2005, 09:59 AM
Are those barking cats? :D :beer: One of my customers told me that's what he called his poms. He wanted a dog and his wife wanted cats so the comprimised. Frank

dave thompson
01-27-2005, 10:08 AM
You are correct. 1 can of enddust + your dogs and a rousing game of chase = 1 clean house. Them ain't dogs.
That's what I did when my Shi-Tzu died; had him stuffed, mounted on a pole, sprayed End-Dust on him and cleaned my ceiling fans. :D

Ozz
01-27-2005, 12:04 PM
Are those barking cats? :D :beer: One of my customers told me that's what he called his poms. He wanted a dog and his wife wanted cats so the comprimised. Frank

They are Japanese Chin.
"It is safe to say that the breed that we recognize today was developed in Japan. These toy dogs were highly prized in Japan, they were always kept among the people of noble birth, and occasionally presented to a noted person, a diplomat, or to a foreigner who was in favor with the members of nobility....In breeding the Japanese Chin, they tried for a blend of cat and dog; a dog with many catlike characteristics. In this they succeeded; ask anyone owned by a Chin, and they will tell you incredible tales of climbing and jumping feats, of fastidious cleaning habits, of using their front feet to bat and explore, and of finding their Chin in the most unlikely of spots!"

We've had the girls for almost 10 years now (they live about 18) and we living in a 3rd floor condo (no elevator). We needed small, quiet dogs that were didn't need much exercise. These were the only small dogs we found that were not 'yappy'. They are actually very quiet, with the occasional snorting and sneezing.

Sure, the next dogs will likely be larger (retriever, springer, or brittany), but these are great spoiled companions.

BTW - the "Endust" idea won't work, they shed so much that the dust would be replace with hair! We keep the lint roller manufacturers in business.

In the interest of keeping cycling somewhere in this thread...uh....they like to lick my face while I stretch when I return from a ride. :cool:

Too Tall
01-27-2005, 12:19 PM
You know I was kidding right?

Ozz
01-27-2005, 12:30 PM
You know I was kidding right?
Of course! You think you're the first one to give me a hard time about little dogs? I put the pics out there fully expecting to get razzed! :cool:

I think owning small dogs is like riding a pink bike (Mr. Bove, do you want to jump in here). You do it cuz you want to. :beer:

BTW - Dude, how old is your dog?

NicaDog
01-27-2005, 01:08 PM
Here are my lovely dogs. Yes I know one looks like a cat, but that is the only thing she has in common with the feline species.

Sandy
01-27-2005, 02:29 PM
Which one looks like a cat??

Super Smart Sandy

NicaDog
01-27-2005, 03:07 PM
She's the strangest cat errr dog we've ever had. Loves to play with all the other dogs in the neighborhood, and even has a few that come to vist on a regular basis. Keep the new puppy in check, though our puppy is now starting to purr when we scratch her belly.

Too Tall
01-28-2005, 06:53 AM
Our standard poodle and our 1/2 size cat have this wierd relationship...he grooms her. It's really gross, I mean who wants a dog slobber wet cat in your lap anyway? Cats are supposed to hate dogs.

Sandy
01-28-2005, 07:11 AM
You are tall and lean. Your dog is tall and lean. Do you know that dogs often look like their owners? People tend to often pick breeds that tend to look like them.

You also know that Standard Poodles are really exceptionally bright dogs. Your dog does tricks and listens quite well.

Are you really bright? Do you do tricks? Do you listen well? Do you listen at all??

Bow Wow Sandy

Sandy
01-28-2005, 09:00 AM
Which one is the yellow one?

The one that looks like a dog is really cute. Is that a Golden Retriever? A terrier? I usually see older dogs. I am good at recognizing breeds of big dogs, but not little dogs or puppies.

Bow Wow Sandy

MartyE
01-28-2005, 12:06 PM
we have this cat (well actually its a lesser demon from the 3rd circle
of hell) who terrorizes our German sheppard.
Chases the dog through the house spitting and hissing, it's
quite comical when you consider the cat weighs a whopping
8 or 9 pounds and the dog is pushing 80 pounds.

Marty

Too Tall
01-28-2005, 12:33 PM
Now THAT's a proper cat.

NicaDog
01-28-2005, 01:58 PM
Here is the same duo 4 months later - while the physical difference seem larger, the smaller of the two is certainly still the "boss". Think it has to do with precision placement of sharper claws on the nose!

Sandy
01-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Goldendoodle??? Do I win a prize???

Bow Wow Sandy

NicaDog
01-28-2005, 03:15 PM
Yes we have a winner!

Usually people guess Wheaton Terrier.

Good eye, you must really know your dogs!

Sandy
01-28-2005, 03:16 PM
I thought possibly a Soft Coated Wheaton Terrier, but the tail is too long and the ears are? So I'll stick with the Goldendoodle.

Olden but not Golden,

Senile Sandy

Sandy
01-28-2005, 03:22 PM
I see that I was correct. Neat choice of dogs! Have many happy years with him or her.

Sandy