PDA

View Full Version : Building our "community"

Bruce K
07-26-2009, 12:27 PM
William's Rhode Island Ramble and some of the conversations that took place there got me thinking.

There used to be lots of events like this gathering where folks from the forum got together, rode, and socialized a bit. The rides were paced in such a way that either there were groups or people waited at key spots so everyone got to ride together a bit and meet folks.

We had a pretty cool sense of a community.

Pete and I are going to try and put together a small gathering at Copper Triangle and when I get back I will be contacting Old School to try and plan a date for this years Tour du BiValve, our annual ride and fried clam feast (though with all of this years Red Tide we could be eating something else).

I am hoping that a few more local folks will join us this year as I see from Signatures that there seem to be more North Shore of Boston folks hanging out here recently.

SoCalSteve made a comment that the West Coast doesn't have much of this going on and that he would like to see more stuff.

I guess it's sort of like Field of Dreams, "If you build it, they will come." and it really doesn't take much building.

It would be really great to try and get a Big gathering once again, whether it's a Tour du 'Toga or something else.

I would be curious as to people thoughts, ideas, etc. It's not too early to start thinking about this stuff.

BK

csm
07-26-2009, 12:29 PM
I'd be in for a ride. I have lots of time right now but haven't been riding as much as I should.

Lifelover
07-26-2009, 02:24 PM
I hear that Richmond, VA in February is nice.

SoCalSteve
07-26-2009, 07:30 PM
William's Rhode Island Ramble and some of the conversations that took place there got me thinking.

There used to be lots of events like this gathering where folks from the forum got together, rode, and socialized a bit. The rides were paced in such a way that either there were groups or people waited at key spots so everyone got to ride together a bit and meet folks.

We had a pretty cool sense of a community.

Pete and I are going to try and put together a small gathering at Copper Triangle and when I get back I will be contacting Old School to try and plan a date for this years Tour du BiValve, our annual ride and fried clam feast (though with all of this years Red Tide we could be eating something else).

I am hoping that a few more local folks will join us this year as I see from Signatures that there seem to be more North Shore of Boston folks hanging out here recently.

SoCalSteve made a comment that the West Coast doesn't have much of this going on and that he would like to see more stuff.
I guess it's sort of like Field of Dreams, "If you build it, they will come." and it really doesn't take much building.

It would be really great to try and get a Big gathering once again, whether it's a Tour du 'Toga or something else.

I would be curious as to people thoughts, ideas, etc. It's not too early to start thinking about this stuff.

BK

Everyone come out our way!

Tom B., Jack B. and I will put on a great ride-party (well, I cant really speak for them, only myself), but I'd be all over it with some help from "the boyz".

Who's in?

Just askin'

Steve

PS: I know of at least 3-5 other SoCal Forumites...a few have been to my home/ridden with me...

fourflys
07-26-2009, 11:05 PM
I live in South SoCal....(San Diego)

Ti Designs
07-27-2009, 12:25 AM
Everyone come out our way!

You're gonna have to give me a couple of weeks to ride out there. Anyone else around here up for it?