PDA

View Full Version : THHANK YOU WILLIAM and HANS

Bruce K
07-26-2009, 03:49 AM
for another GREAT Rhode Island Ramble !!!

14 riders made the pilgrimage (packzi and TiDesigns by bike from Boston) for another beatiful "rolling" route followed by another outstanding cookout from master chef Hans.

BBDave took lots of pictures and I'm sure we'll see some soon.

BK

BumbleBeeDave
07-26-2009, 06:38 AM
. . . Bruce, as soon as I can get them. And I add my huge thanks to williams for allowing us the use of his specially squirrel-denuded estate and to Hans for his delicious chef skills!

BBD

Note . . . don'y believe anyone who tells you Rhode Island is flat! :crap: :no: ;)

paczki
07-26-2009, 08:16 AM
Thank you, that was great. William and his family are superb hosts and everything was perfect -- especially Hans' grilled zucchini. Thanks everyone for waiting as I hauled my dehydrated ass there.
Oh and Kelly Bedford's bike was definitely all that :banana: :banana: :banana:

myette10
07-26-2009, 08:39 AM
thanks for hosting William and the food was tops... thanks Hans.

39cross
07-26-2009, 01:09 PM
thanks for hosting William and the food was tops... thanks Hans.+1

And it was great to meet so many other forumites, it's nice to put faces to names...and now that I know the secret to BBDave's cool looking cable wrap I can check that off my life list. :banana:

Ti Designs
07-26-2009, 01:27 PM
+1

I want to thank William for being such a good host. On our ride out he called to check where we were and how we were doing, when we got there he had cold water waiting, and let's not forget all those hills he built so the rides wouldn't be boaring. Hans is the best. He's an artist on the grill, generous with his beer and sneaky as hell on town line sprints...

I would ride thru hell to get to the RI ramble. With a little help from Aaron's GPS, we did.

Ray, I have to ask - what kind of mattress do you sleep on at home?

overmyhead
07-26-2009, 02:01 PM
Many thanks to William and Hans for a great day of cycling and food. It was a pleasure to meet all of you face to face after watching the back of your jerseys pulling away from me for most of the morning.
I thought kelly's bike was amazing - thanks for bringing it down.
Hoping to make this an annual - William, you are a gracious host indeed.
Looking forward to seeing the pictures as well.

Ahneida Ride
07-26-2009, 02:31 PM
It was the best day of the Summer ..

Thanks William and Hanz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Ahneida Ride
07-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Ray, I have to ask - what kind of mattress do you sleep on at home?

Stuffed with HandleBra !!!! What else ?

After The ride and stuffing myself with Hanz's artistry, I fell asleep
on pebbles.

Pete Serotta
07-26-2009, 03:26 PM
Sorry I was not able to make it.....I could have drafted off Bruce :) :)

REGARDs

The "wheel sucker" :beer: (Already told Bruce I will be right behind his wheel in Colorado)

Ti Designs
07-26-2009, 04:32 PM
Sorry I was not able to make it.....I could have drafted off Bruce

You're going to have to hang onto Bruce like a well aged bottle of red 'cause he was NOT going slow on the ramble.

After The ride and stuffing myself with Hanz's artistry, I fell asleep on pebbles.

There's a way of telling between a pebble and a rock. If you want to get someone's attention, they're on the second floor, you're locked out and it's 1:00AM, you find something small to bounce off their window. Pebbles bounce off windows, rocks break windows (most of what I know comes from watching Animal House or The Blues Brothers - can you tell???). What Ray was sleeping on were rocks - chunks of broken granite to be more specific. That big iron fire place tool didn't seem to bother him either...

Kelly's bike was amazing - far better than you would expect from someone who's just started building. The color combination was proof that sometimes a color scheme gets stuck in your head and years later you still remember it.

Bruce K
07-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Ed;

You ARE kidding with the "just started building bikes" comment. Right? :eek: :D ;)

Kelly has been building bikes for maybe 20 years. It's just some of them had Ben's name on them (or Huffy). :banana:

BK

Ahneida Ride
07-26-2009, 05:32 PM
Master Bedford has been building and designing frames since the frn was a dollar.

Ti Designs
07-26-2009, 06:23 PM
Kelly has been building bikes for maybe 20 years.

Maybe more...

BumbleBeeDave
07-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Sorry I was not able to make it.....I could have drafted off Bruce :) :)

REGARDs

The "wheel sucker" :beer: (Already told Bruce I will be right behind his wheel in Colorado)

He's gotten waaaay too fast!

BBD

MilanoTom
07-26-2009, 09:19 PM
Let me add my thanks to William and Hans. It was a great time.

Regards,
Tom

capybaras
07-26-2009, 09:24 PM
What a great day!!! Thank you William and super nice family, thank you Hans, thanks to everyone else who came and added to the fun! :banana: :banana: :banana:

William
07-27-2009, 05:17 AM
Thank you for all the kind words everyone!!!

We really enjoyed having you all come to our home and share in the riding, good food, and good fun. After everyone had left, Hans, Beungood, Mrs. William, our children, and myself sat around the campfire talking about how fun it was again this year…..and discussed some thoughts for next year as well. You all were great and we’re looking forward to next year!!!

Thank you to Hans for utilizing his fine cooking skills. Once the food was served up everyone rushed the food table and devoured everything on the menu. Hans, I’m amazed at all the things you do with Squirrel on the barbi. ;)

What can I say about the weather? It rained all week leading up to the Ramble and I was getting a little worried. Saturday morning broke bright and sunny and it turned out to be a beautiful day. Sunday morning we woke up to rain. Funny, this was exactly what happened last year as well.

Unfortunately I didn’t get any pictures out on the ride. I changed my jersey right before we went out and forgot my camera…and money. Thank you Capy, that Ice Cream Taco hit the spot when we all stopped at the camp store at Wawaloom. :) I know BBDave had his camera with him and I’m looking forward to seeing those posted. The ride was a different loop than last year….no dirt sections this time around. Hey, I had to throw some hills in just to prove that Rhode Island isn’t flat. Sorry. :D

Again, it was wonderful to see you all as well as meet new folks this time around. Let’s do this again next year.

William

William
07-27-2009, 05:21 AM
Post ride.....talking and waiting for Han's fine cooking. :cool: Hmmm, I din't know Squirrel smelled so good. :D

William

William
07-27-2009, 05:24 AM
Hans had a very good helper getting the meals prepped. Han's Subaru has the optional cutting board trunk lid. ;)

William

William
07-27-2009, 05:34 AM
Hans works his magic while 39cross guards the beer cooler......which he did almost the whole time. ;)

39Cross: Stop. HE Who gets a beer from the Cooler of Death must answer me these questions three, ere the beer he see.
Bruce K: Ask me the questions, Coolerkeeper. I am not afraid.
39Cross: What... is your name?
Bruce K: Bruce.
39Cross: What... is your quest?
Bruce K: To get a beer.
39Cross: What... is your favourite colour?
Bruce K: Blue.
39Cross: Oh, get your beer then.
Bruce K: Oh, thank you. Thank you very much.

;) :) :D

William

William
07-27-2009, 05:36 AM
Beungood: You didn't ask me any questions to get a beer??

39Cross: I'm on a break.

:)

William

William
07-27-2009, 05:42 AM
It's Super Bruce!!!! :banana:

William

William
07-27-2009, 05:44 AM
All kidding aside, everyone was wonderful, thank you!

William

William
07-27-2009, 05:45 AM
Can you name that frame?

William

William
07-27-2009, 05:46 AM
The Queen Bee gets a well deserved rest after the ride.

William

William
07-27-2009, 05:50 AM
Kelly brought his personal bike to share with us. It's excptionally beautiful and I love the color combo. Pictures do not do this frame justice. A Kelly Bedford frame is certainly on my shortlist. :cool:

William

William
07-27-2009, 05:52 AM
The judges make sure the Badminton court meets all international rules and regulations before play is allowed. :)

William

William
07-27-2009, 05:57 AM
When the food was ready, BBDave tried serving it up one piece at a time....with giant tongs. He just wasn't fast enough though... ;)

William
07-27-2009, 05:58 AM
...and everyone swarmed him at the food tent. :)

William
07-27-2009, 06:02 AM
Hans serves up some food while Milano Tom and overmyhead (Tom & Rick) enjoy. Hey, I didn't even put my food down to snap some pictures.

William
07-27-2009, 06:05 AM
hans, you're food was much appreciated.

William
07-27-2009, 06:10 AM
Kelly making his way toward the food tent.......I think there's enough food left for you?! :)

Kelly, Mrs. William enjoyed talking with you while the ride was underway. Thank also for filling up the kids tires. :cool:

William

William
07-27-2009, 06:12 AM
Dave. Hey Dave. Dave! DaAaAaaave!?! DAVE!! Umm, that was Matt's. ;)

39cross
07-27-2009, 06:51 AM
Hans works his magic while 39cross guards the beer cooler......which he did almost the whole time. ;)
;) :) :D

WilliamWilliam, you are too funny! I'm keeping an eye on Hans, waiting to snatch a piece of meat off the grill when he turns his back...but he was onto me.

William
07-27-2009, 07:02 AM
William, you are too funny! I'm keeping an eye on Hans, waiting to snatch a piece of meat off the grill when he turns his back...but he was onto me.

That Squirrel was goooood huh!? ;)

William

BumbleBeeDave
07-27-2009, 08:20 AM
The Queen Bee got along very well with the locals . . .

BumbleBeeDave
07-27-2009, 08:21 AM
. . . for "SExiest bike" . . . myette10's bright white Zanc.

BumbleBeeDave
07-27-2009, 08:21 AM
. . . pauses before we start the ride.

BumbleBeeDave
07-27-2009, 08:22 AM
. . . just after pulling out . . . ***?

BumbleBeeDave
07-27-2009, 08:23 AM
. . . we're out on the scenic and totally flat :crap: roads of Rhode Island.

BumbleBeeDave
07-27-2009, 08:24 AM
. . . to one of his local friends.

BumbleBeeDave
07-27-2009, 08:25 AM
. . . THIS way. No THAT way . . . Huh?

BumbleBeeDave
07-27-2009, 08:26 AM
. . . to a re-group on the totally FLAT roads of Rhode Island.

BumbleBeeDave
07-27-2009, 08:27 AM
. . . why TiDesigns always seemed to win the town line sign sprints by a foot or so. Now I know.

BumbleBeeDave
07-27-2009, 08:28 AM
. . . at Che William, where the MASTER Himself, Kelly Bedford, has been waiting and plotting how to get us all to order bikes before we leave at the end of the day. He looks so innocent, doesn't he? I assure you, it's all just an act!

BumbleBeeDave
07-27-2009, 08:30 AM
. . . at William's, making it pleasant to sit outside. Until we realized there were, uh, other local insects that might bother us.

BumbleBeeDave
07-27-2009, 08:31 AM
. . . before the spiderells got to it!

BumbleBeeDave
07-27-2009, 08:32 AM
. . . that chicken fried squirrel tastes good!

BumbleBeeDave
07-27-2009, 08:33 AM
. . . RIHans, kept the grille smokin! Thasnk you, Chef Hans!

BumbleBeeDave
07-27-2009, 08:35 AM
. . . I've got a very baaaad feeling about this . . .

BumbleBeeDave
07-27-2009, 08:36 AM
. . . and Milano Tom take a look at Kelly's bike on display.

BumbleBeeDave
07-27-2009, 08:37 AM
. . . how was your lunch? Ray? RAY??!?!

BumbleBeeDave
07-27-2009, 08:39 AM
(aka Ahneida Ride, aka Emperor of HandleBra) didn't miss a chance to make another sale.)

MilanoTom
07-27-2009, 10:28 AM
. . . and Milano Tom take a look at Kelly's bike on display.

I didn't realize that the orange shirt made my gut look so big. Into the trash it goes!

William
07-27-2009, 10:39 AM
Dave, thank you for posting those pictures...though I wish you hadn't let out the secret of my genetic experiments with Squirrels. ;)

I didn't realize that the orange shirt made my gut look so big. Into the trash it goes!

Tom, don't throw out that fine orange shirt. Those pictures were taken post meal. Everyone was stuffed! :)

William

overmyhead
07-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Nice job with the photos guys.
For criminy sake, next year somebody please tell me to try to crack a smile.
It probably won't kill me.
Rick

MilanoTom
07-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Nice job with the photos guys.
For criminy sake, next year somebody please tell me to try to crack a smile.
It probably won't kill me.
Rick

OK, Pappy.

overmyhead
07-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Well if I was any kind of decent domestique I never would've let you wear that shirt...

rwsaunders
08-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Looks like a lot of fun, folks.