PDA

View Full Version : The Cycling Channel

dd74
07-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Wouldn't it be cool to have a cycling channel? If there is one, I don't know about it.

Anyway, nothing like Vs. where cycling competes with bull riding, ultimate fighting ( :rolleyes: ), and the travesty that is IRL ( :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ).

Maybe Bernie Ecclestone could get something started. Anyone know his # over at Formula One headquarters?

vqdriver
07-23-2009, 05:14 PM
i'd watch it.
there'd usually be something to watch. ToC, tours of france, spain, switz, italy, numerous one days, yada yada. then track racing, mtn biking, downhill, freeride, cross, even bmx and some xgames stunt stuff. there's tons. of course there's always the tech shows they can show and imagine the ads.

the thing is that european channels already have invested the cameras there so they only have to buy the rights to rebroadcast and then add a couple commentators. espn, foxsports, or local channels will have some of the domestic stuff. it may even be cool to watch rebroadcasts of past events like the olympics.

that's me anyway......

dd74
07-23-2009, 05:26 PM
Yeah. I agree. I wonder how the Speed Channel began - then how it fell apart, because it sucks now.

JumpStart
07-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Versus and Universal Sports have improved things. I'm sure there are some hunters out there who are complaining that there's too much cycling. I bet they miss the impact shots!

At this moment, womens water polo (USA vs Greece) is on Universal Sports (UNISP). Cool...