PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for Verbier?

davidlee
07-18-2009, 09:26 PM
Lets hear whatcha think for tomorrow.
Lance finally throws down( or throws up)?
The Schleck bros tag team the Astana hooligens?
The dark horse ( Big G) grows wings and rides away to steal the jersey?
Carlos gets dropped?

do tell.....

davidlee

paczki
07-18-2009, 10:10 PM
It's really hard to say. It's not incredibly steep and a lot of riders look strong. Who do you think?

davidlee
07-18-2009, 10:16 PM
I think Bert is going for Yellow, no question about it . I think he'll attack at the base of the climb and lay all the cards on the table. Lance and Co will keep it close and claw him back. Andy Schleck wins the stage by 25 sec.

MattTuck
07-18-2009, 10:23 PM
Hushovd will sprint to victory from the back to cement his green jersey lead.

seriously, I'd have to go with, in order.

Pelizotti -solo

Contador is the only one to show real legs in the hills.
A. Schleck within 10 seconds

Gap
C. Evans
L. Armstrong

Gap
Sastre
Wiggins

While I'm at it, I predict a major doping scandal.... probably Felliu.

Edit: Also, I know it was a tragedy that happened today (a woman crossing the road was hit by a motorcycle and killed) and I can only imagine the sorrow her family now feels. But I hope some spectators take a lesson from it and have a bit more common sense about keeping themselves, and the riders safe. They are so annoying to me and I'm watching the TV! i can only imagine how the riders feel.

Louis
07-18-2009, 10:53 PM
Another interesting question: Can Tom Watson hang on to win? That would be pretty neat if he can.

johnnymossville
07-18-2009, 11:01 PM
Another interesting question: Can Tom Watson hang on to win? That would be pretty neat if he can.

I'll be cheering him the whole way.

johnnymossville
07-18-2009, 11:05 PM
Verbier? Contador has to attack at the bottom before anyone else tries anything.

Schleck is 20 seconds down.

Sastre and Evans are 35 seconds down.

Lance finishes 1:45 behind, in a group that includes the Garmin guys, Pellizotti and a few others including elder Schleck.

Tour is pretty much over after tomorrow.

cadence90
07-18-2009, 11:28 PM
It's a complicated stage, difficult to guess.

My guesses:
Pellizotti or Chavanel in the case of a long breakaway.

Astarloza in the case of a short solo finish.

Frank Schleck in the case of a smallish sprint finish.

Contador in yellow; Nocentini, Hincapie and LeMevel out of the top 5; Wiggins (unless Hincapie goes all Simeoni on him) and perhaps A. Schleck, Vande Velde or Martin into the top 5; LA loses some time; Evans gains time; Sastre doesn't.

I'd like to see Nibali take it, and Contador in yellow.

Is Tom Watson riding in the Tour???
Seriously, it would be awesome if he repeats.
Is the Golden Bear there to cheer him on?

Definitely a tragedy regarding the woman and the motorcycle; amazing that the baby wasn't hurt at all.
Three days ago a wheel car went off the road and hit, but didn't kill, a spectator.
I'm surprised that more accidents don't happen, even to riders.
The cars near Fabian Cancellara on that video posted the other day were pretty scary at times.

Also pretty scary was yesterday's moronic bb gun shooting of Dean and Friere.

peanutgallery
07-18-2009, 11:36 PM
Cav will quit, no way he makes it to Paris. AC will run up the score, lance will be like third