PDA

View Full Version : Last-minute paint indecision

jwb96
01-17-2005, 09:09 AM
Everyone was so helpful (and validating) when I asked about the overall feeling on a subtle flame paintjob for my new custom Strong steel frame. Now that it's getting close to the time I need to actually finalize my paint choice, I've been thrown into a dilema because I just can't stop looking around. Spectrum Powderworks is doing the paint and another of their clients is Brent Steelman, who has a great gallery of his bikes. I found the flames I want in the color I want (lucky me: http://www.steelmancycles.com/Ron%27sSSC.html ), so I thought great - my life has been made easier. But then I found this: http://www.steelmancycles.com/Tims.html. Oooohh, very classy. Minus the flaming head and detail probably, and changing the black to either a ruby red or deep blue.

So what does a welded steel frame, classic geometry, ask for? I want something classy looking - does the subtleness of the flame compensate for the fact it has flames?

Ozz
01-17-2005, 09:20 AM
get the flames, or you'll always be asking yourself: "Why didn't I get the flames?"

Either one looks great...it sounds like you want "flames", but maybe are not sure whether you're a "flames" type guy... :cool:

yeehawfactor
01-17-2005, 09:32 AM
i like the two tone. i've never seen a paint job like that while out riding. the flames are very well done, but i think the two tone is by far slicker.

dirtdigger88
01-17-2005, 09:51 AM
get the flames- the other one is nice- but the flames are different and done very classy- FLAMES!!!!

jaosn

JohnS
01-17-2005, 10:11 AM
Get the two-tone. The flames don't show up all that well.

Climb01742
01-17-2005, 12:27 PM
my very personal two cents...if you're racing NASCAR, flames (and a mullet) are appropriate...but otherwise, sans-flames... :rolleyes: :p ;) :D

jwb96
01-17-2005, 01:57 PM
my very personal two cents...if you're racing NASCAR, flames (and a mullet) are appropriate...but otherwise, sans-flames... :rolleyes: :p ;) :D
I'm working on the mullet, but these things take time! :p

William
01-17-2005, 02:00 PM
Get the flames (and tuck the mullet up under your helmet ;) ). The two tone isn't bad either...maybe a cobalt blue with the white? You can't lose either way.

How's that for indecision???
:D

William

KKevin
01-26-2005, 10:43 AM
Didnt Armstrong have flames on his bike last year at the tour? Id go with the subtle flames.