PDA

View Full Version : New Serotta Model - any thoughts?

MallyG
01-17-2005, 05:17 AM
Hi all.
Been away for a while, so I missed the introduction of the new Serotta Novo. What's the general feeling here? My LBS reckon it makes the Legend all but redundant, especially as they are going to have to sell it at the same price as the Legend ST. They explained a little about the difference between the Novo and the Ottrott, but nothing that seemed to really clarify it's position in the stable and justify it's raison d'aitre.

Sandy
01-17-2005, 05:27 AM
Do a search on "Got me a NOVO" Smiley started the thread.

Sandy

GONE4ARIDE
01-17-2005, 05:45 AM
Hi all.
Been away for a while, so I missed the introduction of the new Serotta Novo. What's the general feeling here? My LBS reckon it makes the Legend all but redundant, especially as they are going to have to sell it at the same price as the Legend ST. They explained a little about the difference between the Novo and the Ottrott, but nothing that seemed to really clarify it's position in the stable and justify it's raison d'aitre.

MallyG -

It is my understanding that the NOVE is to the Ottrott what the Concours is to the Legend. In other words, the NOVE is intended to be the Ottrott's little brother with the same design philosophy but perhaps with a few lower cost/ lower tech materials emloyed in order to bring it in at a lower pricepoint.

With the Legend being an all Ti rig (unless you opt for the ST option), I don't believe that the NOVE makes the Legend frame redundant at all. The Legend should remain firmly entrenched as Serotta's top all Ti offering. Just my opinion though.

If the pricing of the Legend ST and the NOVE are in fact the same, it will be interesting to see which way consumers go on this.

Climb01742
01-17-2005, 12:32 PM
ottrott = 911. nove = boxster. with bikes and cars, it's not need. it's want.

Russ
01-17-2005, 12:42 PM
ottrott = 911. nove = boxster. with bikes and cars, it's not need. it's want.

The best analogy/example I've heard in this forum in a while! :) :)