PDA

View Full Version : Funny mechanic rant

weaponsgrade
07-17-2009, 01:56 AM
don't bother clicking if you're on the sensitive side, but i was ROTGL.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sea/1192150038.html

CNY rider
07-17-2009, 06:17 AM
Shades of bikesnob but comes up a little short.

victoryfactory
07-17-2009, 06:52 AM
I love a good wise-ass!
They are a very misunderstood class of people.
It shows that he actually really cares.
But he's a little hung up on Subaru drivers, no?

I really did LOL on this one

VF, hug your local wise-ass!

riceburner
07-17-2009, 09:28 AM
Too much time writing and not enough time wrenching it sounds like.......

Nil Else
07-17-2009, 11:31 AM
"Go have an ironic mustache growing contest in front of American Apparel."

Funny. I have a friend in Eugine OR who talks just like that... I usually miss half the things he (continuously) mumbles but everything that he utters just crack me up. I bet every LBS owners would love to have something to the effect posted on their shop front door.

Vancouverdave
07-17-2009, 12:23 PM
I LOVE it! If I knew who this fellow wrench was I'd buy 'em a beer or a pound of coffee. Maybe it's a woman from New York--who knew that Fran Lebowitz had become a bike technician?

buck-50
07-17-2009, 12:59 PM
To be fair, I'm pretty sure I could write a similar rant about bike-shop employees...

Such as... Dear Hipster D-bag who took a job at a bike shop because it adds street cred when you hang out at hipster bars ironically drinking PBR while wearing capri pants... no, wait, I'm sorry- knickers-

Anyway, dear hipster d-bag: I really don't care how hung over you are, or how much that new ironic tattoo hurts. I really don't. I'm not going to buy you a six-pack just for doing your F'ing job. And when you say "we don't have that part, but we could order it for you..." guess what- I can order it too. And it'll cost me less. And I won't have to deal with a guy with an aversion to bathing and a stink straight out of the Appalachian backwoods.

I'm one headset press away from not needing you anymore, bike shop guy. Don't push it. :rolleyes:

rugbysecondrow
07-17-2009, 01:13 PM
He sounds like the mechanic at the bikes shop I used to frequent.

BengeBoy
07-17-2009, 05:00 PM
I thought it was pretty funny - as a year-round rider in Seattle, I totally appreciate his reaction to "it's sunny, maybe I should go buy a bike this weekend." I stay out of our local bike shops this time of year if I can help it, or slip in on a weeknight.

I also like his comment about "time to swap the unused ski rack on your Subaru for an unused bike rack." Seriously, half the cars in Seattle are Subaru Outbacks, and half of them have some kind of sport rack on the top.

WadePatton
07-17-2009, 09:59 PM
well, it's a pretty much universal retail-dealing-with-general-public situation.

with bike specificity added.

and should be pasted to the door of every lbs in the country.

but it wont.

push them pedals.

wp

Lincoln
07-17-2009, 10:06 PM
I thought it was pretty funny - as a year-round rider in Seattle, I totally appreciate his reaction to "it's sunny, maybe I should go buy a bike this weekend." I stay out of our local bike shops this time of year if I can help it, or slip in on a weeknight.

I also like his comment about "time to swap the unused ski rack on your Subaru for an unused bike rack." Seriously, half the cars in Seattle are Subaru Outbacks, and half of them have some kind of sport rack on the top.

Here in Boulder (and in my previous home of Park City) many people just attach both the ski and bike racks and leave 'em all on 365. I actually just saw a Suby today that still had temporary tags but had both ski and bike racks up top! I hope they bought it pre-accessorized, I hate to think they put the ski rack on it last week!

paulrad9
07-17-2009, 10:35 PM
Here in Boulder (and in my previous home of Park City) many people just attach both the ski and bike racks and leave 'em all on 365.

Chances are they leave them on because they lack the technical skills to remove them

zray67
07-17-2009, 10:55 PM
From the infrequent times I go to my LBS on saturdays, I feel that the "mechanic" has got it right.

MattTuck
07-18-2009, 12:13 AM
I did laugh at his take on recumbents.

"Keep that lumbering thing away from me."

no disrespect.