PDA

View Full Version : Rhode Island Red Ramble Roll Call

William
07-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Hi folks,

I just off the phone with Hans and he filled me in on the vittles he was planning for the post ride meal. Yummy!!! :)

I have a vague idea how many people might attend but I would like to get a little better idea so Hans can plan accordingly.

So please shout out if you are going to be coming down to join us on the 25th for a fun ride and great food.

Thanks,
William

fiamme red
07-16-2009, 03:44 PM
I just off the phone with Hans and he filled me in on the vittles he was planning for the post ride meal. Yummy!!! :)Here's the menu:

http://www.backwoodsbound.com/zsquir.html

;)

William
07-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Here's the menu:

http://www.backwoodsbound.com/zsquir.html

;)

I LOVE YOU MAN!!! :cool: :D

William

BumbleBeeDave
07-16-2009, 04:46 PM
. . . freelance assignments, I'm going to try to make it. Not sure about Full Zebra yet, though . . .

BBD

Bruce K
07-16-2009, 09:29 PM
I'm in and I believe LarryD is as well.

BK

39cross
07-17-2009, 07:00 AM
me too.

myette10
07-17-2009, 07:36 AM
I'm in.

William
07-17-2009, 12:39 PM
Cool, though a few more folks had indicated they were coming. You can PM me as well if you like. We're just trying to get a more concrete number for food purposes.

Thanks!
William

Ti Designs
07-17-2009, 07:39 PM
I'm getting on my bike and riding in that direction...

William
07-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Nice, so far it's looking like we'll have upwards of 15 people so it will be a good turn out. :cool:

Now, I hate to say it but AR made me promise not to wear my silver Rapha shorts. I know, I know....a lot of you will be disappointed. But hey, AR controls the flow of that fine leather wrap so......sorry. :rolleyes: :D But, just in case some of you need a fix.....or want to go temporarily blind.....(view at your own risk :D ):

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=60633&highlight=silver+rapha

A donation would be helpful to cover food but no one will be twisting arms. If you like, bring a six (or whatever) of a good local beverage to add to the community cooler.

If you need directions PM me and I'll get them to you. Looking forward to seeing y'all!

William

Ahneida Ride
07-19-2009, 08:33 PM
I be there ....

Can I donate non redeemable notes for frn wrap green HB ?

BumbleBeeDave
07-19-2009, 08:55 PM
I will need directions to your place. Looks like I will be coming over on the MassPike, then south on 146 to Providence. Can you PM them to me along with your phoine numbers in case I get lost in route?

Also, are there any plans afoot to watch the Venbtoux Stage of the Tour at your place after the ride?

BBD

William
07-20-2009, 05:21 AM
I will need directions to your place. Looks like I will be coming over on the MassPike, then south on 146 to Providence. Can you PM them to me along with your phoine numbers in case I get lost in route?

Also, are there any plans afoot to watch the Venbtoux Stage of the Tour at your place after the ride?

BBD

You have mail. :)

Weather permitting, I'm going to see if I can get something out to the fun area. I need to find a cable long enough though.

William

Larry D
07-21-2009, 11:02 AM
William,

I just found out that I have to work this weekend. I am pissed...but there is no way out of it. :crap: :crap:

I hope all that make it to the ramble have great weather and a great day. I am sorry to miss it.

Bruce K
07-21-2009, 12:50 PM
Wow, I lost my copilot/wingman. :crap:

Larry, your priorities are all sc+++ed up! :rolleyes:

Work before cycling? Oh the horror! :eek:

Hopefully you can make another ride soon.

BK

William
07-21-2009, 03:42 PM
William,

I just found out that I have to work this weekend. I am pissed...but there is no way out of it. :crap: :crap:

I hope all that make it to the ramble have great weather and a great day. I am sorry to miss it.

Ah man!!

That sucks! Listen to Bruce and get yer priorities straight!!! ;) We're going to miss you for sure. :(

William

Pete Serotta
07-21-2009, 03:44 PM
:) Wish I could be there BUT have to meet Bruce on Monday for "work:!!!

Wow, I lost my copilot/wingman. :crap:

Larry, your priorities are all sc+++ed up! :rolleyes:

Work before cycling? Oh the horror! :eek:

Hopefully you can make another ride soon.

BK

William
07-21-2009, 03:52 PM
:) Wish I could be there BUT have to meet Bruce on Monday for "work:!!!

Does "work" include red? :)

William

Pete Serotta
07-21-2009, 03:57 PM
so I will limit his consumption.... Ask him about his date for that Friday evening :beer: :beer:

Does "work" include red? :)

William

Bruce K
07-21-2009, 04:29 PM
BU - NO WAY !!

I'm a Colgate "RED Raider" through and through !!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I have a feeling our "work trip" wil be well fueled. :D

BK

Larry D
07-21-2009, 07:14 PM
This real life stuff is for the birds,

but without it yes there would be more time for cycling, but nothing to fund the cycling.

So I guess I will keep the job and work this weekend. Not that it is in a bad environment, the mountains of VT. If it rains up here I will be really upset.

All those at the Ramble, have a great time. Hope to see you soon and anyone up for a fall ride up here in the north country?

paczki
07-21-2009, 07:35 PM
This real life stuff is for the birds,

but without it yes there would be more time for cycling, but nothing to fund the cycling.

So I guess I will keep the job and work this weekend. Not that it is in a bad environment, the mountains of VT. If it rains up here I will be really upset.

All those at the Ramble, have a great time. Hope to see you soon and anyone up for a fall ride up here in the north country?

We'll be in Warren the second week of August. :banana:

beungood
07-24-2009, 02:52 PM
Big guy, It doesn't look good for me I had planned to call in sick for work and ride my Hors,but, my LBS couldn't get to my frame so I have a cool frame and a box of parts. My other bikes seem to be giving me fits riding due to my accident and resultant loss of flexibility. The Allez has been uncofortable and now seems way too long ,Spectrum beam is tolerable but the bars seem a bit too low,might be able to compromise with that somewhat. Is the weather going to comply or are you rescheduling?

William
07-24-2009, 03:00 PM
Big guy, It doesn't look good for me I had planned to call in sick for work and ride my Hors,but, my LBS couldn't get to my frame so I have a cool frame and a box of parts. My other bikes seem to be giving me fits riding due to my accident and resultant loss of flexibility. The Allez has been uncofortable and now seems way too long ,Spectrum beam is tolerable but the bars seem a bit too low,might be able to compromise with that somewhat. Is the weather going to comply or are you rescheduling?

Hey Bro,

The weather is supposed to be good so that's a plus. The Spectrum would be a good choice for you. I'm sure we can tweak it. We'll let Ti have a crack at it for you. It should be good. I hope you can make it. Neil says he's going to show so it would be like old times. :)

Take care bro,
William

William
07-24-2009, 03:46 PM
In response to a number of inquires, I believe I have the Mt. Ventoux coverage...covered for the post ride festivities. :cool: :beer:

William

SoCalSteve
07-24-2009, 03:52 PM
Sure sounds like a great time will be had. Good food, nice people, watching the TDF and even a bike ride!

I am jealous, we never seem to get it together enough out here to throw our own Forum get together...

Just sayin'

Steve

PS: Hope you all have a great time! I will be thinking of you all as I roll down PCH towards Malibu with a group of my riding buddies.

BumbleBeeDave
07-24-2009, 04:58 PM
YESSSSS!

William, you are DA'MAN!

Everybody is going to have such a good time!

BBD

In response to a number of inquires, I believe I have the Mt. Ventoux coverage...covered for the post ride festivities. :cool: :beer:

William

Ahneida Ride
07-24-2009, 06:47 PM
MASTER Mr. Kelly Bedford will be in attendance !!!! :D :beer:

BumbleBeeDave
07-24-2009, 07:06 PM
MASTER Mr. Kelly Bedford will be in attendance !!!! :D :beer:

Out him so he can't back out! :rolleyes: :beer: ;) :D

BBD

beungood
07-24-2009, 08:37 PM
What time is departure?

39cross
07-24-2009, 09:08 PM
i believe it's @11:00 am.

Ahneida Ride
07-24-2009, 10:14 PM

Kelly is bring his frame .... That could work ?

Bruce K
07-25-2009, 04:52 AM
I am stuck waiting for my bank to open at 8:30 to do a quick, very important transaction and will be on the road right after. My nav system says 2 hours for trip time so it will be close but I should make it.

BK

William
05-25-2010, 06:17 AM
Just a heads up, it's getting to be that time again. :banana:

Han's and I are thinking about another Ramble this year. We need to hash out the details but I think we're in again. Please shout out if your interested in coming to the William homestead for a fun ride and excellent food.

More specific details to follow.

William

BumbleBeeDave
05-25-2010, 06:20 AM
Depends on the date. Is Mr. Squirrel invited? :rolleyes:

BBD

William
05-25-2010, 12:25 PM
Depends on the date. Is Mr. Squirrel invited? :rolleyes:

BBD

Sure.....for lunch!! :D

William

Ahneida Ride
05-25-2010, 12:58 PM
I be there ...

I am sure that Kelly will be too. ;)

William
05-25-2010, 01:54 PM
I be there ...

I am sure that Kelly will be too. ;)

Mr. Handlebra and Bedford Cycles at the Ramble again?! To cool!! :cool: You and Kelly tore the house down last time around!! ;) :D

William

clunk
05-25-2010, 04:32 PM
I might be interested if all are invited. Depends on the date of course.

William
05-25-2010, 04:35 PM
I might be interested if all are invited. Depends on the date of course.

As always, all will be welcome. I'll post a date as soon as Han's and I (and Mrs. William) hammer it out.

William

merlinmurph
05-25-2010, 04:48 PM
I'm not one of the more vocal members here, but I'd definitely be interested in coming if it's OK (and dates work out, etc.). I promised myself I'd join more group rides this year, and I'd love to meet some of you guys. Hopefully, there would be a <ahem> slower group...

Ahneida Ride
05-25-2010, 05:45 PM
there would be a <ahem> slower group...

you and me ! ;)

Bruce K
05-25-2010, 08:46 PM
Hopefully the dates will not overlap our trip to Australia.

Gone from 7/24 through 8/16.

If it's any other time I am there.

BK

overmyhead
07-21-2010, 09:20 AM
Thoroughly enjoyed it last year. If you settle on a date I would love to come again. I'll keep checking back here.

OtayBW
07-21-2010, 10:14 AM
I are interested. Can bring squirrel traps.

beungood
07-25-2010, 08:03 PM
I'm in too and im bringing my whores!ooops I mean my Hors... :p

William
07-26-2010, 05:15 AM
So far my partner in crime is MIA. I've had a great time the last two years so I'll keep trying. :)

William

Ahneida Ride
07-26-2010, 07:57 AM
so what is the date ?

William
01-25-2011, 09:58 AM
Bump!!

I bumped this thread just to get some of you thinking about the Ramble again. I'm starting early and short of disaster I will be putting it on again this year.

Pre-announcement!
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=84676

Hope to see y'all there again!! :cool:

William

AngryScientist
01-25-2011, 10:15 AM
in :D