PDA

View Full Version : The Look on d'huez 2001

Kines
07-16-2009, 03:27 PM
We're riding the famous climb next week, and I was hoping someone could give us a more exact idea of where "the look" occurred. Not that it's a great big deal, but it might be fun to recreate a photo if we knew where it was.

I heard LA in an interview that he took off with 12k to go, and video shows that it's a gradual left turn with a 12 foot rock wall on the left, but besides that does anyone have any clues to pin it down closer for us?

TIA
KN

jlwdm
07-16-2009, 05:27 PM
I have the extended DVD of the Tour for 2001 because I was there. Unfortunately the DVD is in AZ and I am in TX. Otherwise I would try to figure it out.

Jeff

Kines
07-16-2009, 07:38 PM
oh well - at least the "put me back on the bike" moment is well marked on Ventoux! (sorry Tom)

KN

gman
07-16-2009, 09:24 PM
We're riding the famous climb next week, and I was hoping someone could give us a more exact idea of where "the look" occurred. Not that it's a great big deal, but it might be fun to recreate a photo if we knew where it was.

I heard LA in an interview that he took off with 12k to go, and video shows that it's a gradual left turn with a 12 foot rock wall on the left, but besides that does anyone have any clues to pin it down closer for us?

TIA
KN

You mean this one?

:D

C50
07-16-2009, 10:52 PM
I was lucky enough to be there that day. I actually can see myself and my best friend on the DVD, we were near the top. Awesome experience!

If you don't know about this already I would hate for you to miss the oppurtunity for a great souvenir. Stop at the office of tourism in Bourg D'Osian (sp?) and get your time card. There is a metal box just as you make the left turn off the main road, put the card in and it stamps the time. There is another box outside the office of tourism at the top. Record your finsh time and then take it inside to get your certificate for completing the climb. I have both framed and everytime I see them I still get excited over that day.