PDA

View Full Version : Wool shorts

fiamme red
07-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Has anyone here tried Joneswares, Ibex, or Woolistic wool shorts? How do you like the fit, chamois, etc.?

paczki
07-14-2009, 07:54 PM
I have some Ibex wool knickers. Comfortable BUT saggy elastic waist line. Modern fabrics are better for shorts. I also hate wool jersey pockets.

mschol17
07-14-2009, 08:50 PM
I have Ibex and Woolistic. The Woolistic are more well put together, and they're a little denser fabric. The Ibex pair has some stitches coming loose after not a ton of use. The Ibex version that I have has a synthetic material where it meets the saddle, so presumably it won't wear out there.

The Woolistic pad is thicker than the Ibex.

They're both nice, though. The Ibex fits slightly larger than the Woolistic, but I wear the same size in each.

David Kirk
07-14-2009, 11:12 PM
I've had a pair of the Woolistic for a good 4 years now and they are my favorite shorts. They are wearing very well and the comfort fit is just right for me.

Dave

R2D2
07-15-2009, 08:48 AM
Ibex chamois suck.
Seams in all the wrong places.

I love wool in the cold and damp.

Ken Robb
07-15-2009, 09:19 AM
I have Ibex and Woolistic. The Woolistic are more well put together, and they're a little denser fabric. The Ibex pair has some stitches coming loose after not a ton of use. The Ibex version that I have has a synthetic material where it meets the saddle, so presumably it won't wear out there.

The Woolistic pad is thicker than the Ibex.

They're both nice, though. The Ibex fits slightly larger than the Woolistic, but I wear the same size in each.

I'd bet that Ibex would take good care of you and replace those shorts. They seem to be a very stand-up company to me.

Johny
07-15-2009, 09:50 AM
I have 2 pairs of Ibex shorts that I wear alternatively for almost everyday except the winter (I commute full year around and use 2 Ibex knickers instead for the winter here). Sizing is on the larger American side. I wear size S (my waist is 28 and wear european brands size M).

They are definitely my favorites--comfortable with less pressure on the groin (a big advantage of shorts), wool-stink-free, and durable. I almost don't wear synthetic bibs anymore.

fiamme red
07-15-2009, 12:23 PM
I've had a pair of the Woolistic for a good 4 years now and they are my favorite shorts. They are wearing very well and the comfort fit is just right for me.

DaveHow do they fit? I wear size M in Boure (32" waist). Looking at the Woolistic sizing chart, I think that I may need L.