PDA

View Full Version : "trunk" rack suggestions for SUV

cmd
07-14-2009, 11:57 AM
My small Yakima rack doesn't fit well on the back of our new SUV -- contact points want to be on the wiper. Not ready to shell out the funds for a hitch or RR. What is a good rack for hatchbacks/SUVs? Saris Guardian 3 looks like it'd fit a SUV well.

Ozz
07-14-2009, 12:18 PM
I have a Saris Bones that does a pretty good job....you have quite a bit of flexibility as to where the upper supports go...weight rests on bumper, uppper supports just hold bikes away from vehicle.

Pretty easy and quick to install....

vqdriver
07-14-2009, 01:44 PM
hitch rack?

93legendti
07-14-2009, 05:39 PM
I have a Saris Bones that does a pretty good job....you have quite a bit of flexibility as to where the upper supports go...weight rests on bumper, uppper supports just hold bikes away from vehicle.

Pretty easy and quick to install....
Same here.

ChipRI
07-14-2009, 08:51 PM
. . . . work with most SUV's. You might need the hatch hugger accessories depending on the amount of clearance available for the upper hooks.

soupless
07-15-2009, 11:20 PM
I'll third or fouth the recco for the Saris. Well designed and easy to install. Holds the bikes pretty well too. Get yourself a few bungee cords to keep them from swinging back and forth.

Ozz
07-16-2009, 08:13 AM
... Get yourself a few bungee cords to keep them from swinging back and forth.
Get some GripTwist's....kinda like big, padded twist-ties...no stretch or bounce when you secure the bikes. They are really cool! ;)

http://www.griptwist.com/

:beer: