PDA

View Full Version : Paint question U all? Fenders painted or NOT

Smiley
07-11-2009, 09:08 AM
I have a set of nice Stainless Berthoud fenders and I have alot of nice silver parts for my new Bedford build. Would you even consider painting the Fenders or would you chose a color in the frame that compliments all the shinny silver stuff. Thanks

This should dove tail my Fender thread of last year :)

Pete Serotta
07-11-2009, 09:41 AM
I think it really depends on the paint...Do the stainless fenders complement the color you have chosen or will(in your opinion) they just say boring and a color fender would then bring out the "lust" of the bike. As you know it is strictly cosmetic and $$s. I have stainless on mine (no paint) but I really lusted for TooTalls wife bike :) with the pained fenders.

It really comes down to what YU like :banana: :banana:

vjp
07-11-2009, 11:56 AM
I have seen pics of stainless or alloy fenders with a stripe of the frame or accent color down the center and it looks very nice. I also saw the tips and center stripe left natural and the sides painted the frame color and it looked fantastic.

vjp

maunahaole
07-11-2009, 12:59 PM
What is the color scheme on the bike? As the prior posters have noted, that's important to know.

weaponsgrade
07-11-2009, 01:14 PM
I like the accent idea. Since the rest of the parts are silver I'd go for the single strip down the middle.

dvancleve
07-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Painted to match is sweet for sure, but I think fenders are going to take more abuse than the frame or say a matching stem. Maybe leave them plain so if they're damaged the appearance doesn't take a hit when you replace them?

Just a thought,
Doug

Ahneida Ride
07-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Only plastic or Carbon should be painted ....

Painting SS ? Hmmmmm.... What is the point ?

Point Grey
07-11-2009, 11:31 PM
paint to match! you never know till you do it. Can always get another set if you don't like it