PDA

View Full Version : need suggestions for good sprinter bars

Rebel_Biker
07-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Hi,

I just built up my new bike to race and the handlebars, 3t rotundo, are not too good for sprinting. My forearms are rubbing when I am in the drops.

What would be a good pair of bars that are better for sprinting, more clearance for the arms.

I am 6'0, 220 with wide shoulders. I would like to try the Pro VS, but I cannot find them anywhere in the US.

thanks for any help

mike p
07-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Old cinelli 65's are the best but aren't compatiable with most modern shifters. Cinelli 66 are good and compatible with modern shifters. Pro vibe are good I've got a set on my c-dale and like them.

Mike

lavi
07-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Deda Newton. Belgian drop. I sprint. These work great. No touchy the wrists.

I also have the Bonty VR bars. NOTHING but touchy the wrists.

Rebel_Biker
07-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Old cinelli 65's are the best but aren't compatiable with most modern shifters. Cinelli 66 are good and compatible with modern shifters. Pro vibe are good I've got a set on my c-dale and like them.

Mike

Mike,

Where did you buy the Pro vibe?

mike p
07-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Someone on this forum or across the hall? Google it there are some in this country but they are much more popular across the pond.

Mike

lavi
07-10-2009, 04:04 PM
Mike,

Where did you buy the Pro vibe?

I held a par of these in my hands today at my LBS. River City. Lot's of them in stock. $100. They look nice. I'd ride them for sure.

They have a small flat section on the underside of the bar where your fingers would rest when you are on the tops. Interesting.

Rebel_Biker
07-10-2009, 04:14 PM
I held a par of these in my hands today at my LBS. River City. Lot's of them in stock. $100. They look nice. I'd ride them for sure.

They have a small flat section on the underside of the bar where your fingers would rest when you are on the tops. Interesting.

thanks

i may check some local shops in NYC, but most of them don't carry large inventories

false_Aest
07-10-2009, 04:54 PM
I rock and rub a pair of Pro Vibes.

Mega rad'

Got em from Ribble, Wiggle or Chain Reaction (i forget who.... the yellow site IIRC)

them things don't rub my arms at all. but I'm 5'8 and 145lbs.... dunno what happens when you cease being skinny ass ground hugger and try to sprint with em.