PDA

View Full Version : Dorset, Vermont vacation-road ride ideas/input?

Kingfisher
07-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Going on a 1 wk stay around Dorset in a couple of wks with another couple...looking for road ride ideas in and around that area (I know VT, not too steep, we are borderline clydesdales!!)

Thanks

loewer
07-10-2009, 11:35 AM
I've lived in Manchester and Londonderry for 11 years, so I'm pretty familiar with the rides...PM me and we can talk about what kind of riding you're looking for.

Jeff

EDS
07-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Going on a 1 wk stay around Dorset in a couple of wks with another couple...looking for road ride ideas in and around that area (I know VT, not too steep, we are borderline clydesdales!!)

Thanks

Route 100 is great, so is 11/31. I road from Manchester last week on those roads and they were great. Yes a couple long climbs but not too bad.

tv_vt
07-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Head north on Rt 30. Check out Rupert Mountain Road, then once over, go north on 153. Wells. Pawlet. Middletown Springs - Rts 140 and 133 - all good. Even 7-7A up to Danby, then west on Danby up to Danby 4 corners. Or down to Manchester, cutting over on Dorset West Road and Manchester West Road. Go up the climb to Bromley mountain, down to Londonderry, up 100 to Weston, then north 155 or 100 or east to Andover..... Some of the nicest riding in the world is around there, imo :)

Thom