PDA

View Full Version : Depressed...CDA Gone

mdeeds71
01-13-2005, 11:45 PM
I must vent so here it goes...

I had seen a CDA on the Demo deals page on Serotta's site that was what seemed the be a great fit for me :banana: ...I emailed for information and made subsequent calls to Serotta and gave a deposit to my dealer for the frame (same day)...I looked a few days later and saw it was gone and began to get excited about the bike I was to have very soon :beer: ...but as I was told today...The frame is not off the web site for me!!! :crap: Oh well...what to do now...It was even the perfect color...One I had picked out off the web site playing around one day...I have yet to here back from my dealer as to what is going to happen...but...I don't know If I can resource the price for a non-demo deal CDA.... :rolleyes:

Well now I feel better...got to find me a cycle soon...Have already planned a trip to Hawaii to do some riding...maybe this will be a mountain bike trip!

93legendti
01-14-2005, 12:00 AM
Keep watching the demo page. I looked there for 6-9 months before an Ottrott in my size popped up.

shaq-d
01-14-2005, 07:30 AM
I had seen a CDA on the Demo deals page on Serotta's site that was what seemed the be a great fit for me :banana: ...I emailed for information and made subsequent calls to Serotta and gave a deposit to my dealer for the frame (same day)...I looked a few days later and saw it was gone and began to get excited about the bike I was to have very soon :beer: ...but as I was told today...The frame is not off the web site for me!!! :crap: Oh well...what to do now...It was even the perfect color...One I had picked out off the web site playing around one day...I have yet to here back from my dealer as to what is going to happen...but...I don't know If I can resource the price for a non-demo deal CDA.... :rolleyes:

as far as i know, a deposit to buy something is a contract, and your deposit is consideration. are you sure the dealer said, in the beginning, that he'd take your deposit for that very frame? if so, he has an obligation to go through with it.

sd

mdeeds71
01-14-2005, 09:56 AM
Frame was actually at Serotta and not the dealer...It appears to be no fault on anyone other than the update on the Serotta website to take the frame off of the Demo Deals page....What baffle me was I talked to a rep (Serotta) about that very frame and was told to go through my local dealer (a one day time span)...At which time the frame was gone....I believe a different rep got ahold of the frame about the same time I did my transaction...Just wish the one I had talked to on the phone would have grabbed it to set it aside considering I told him I WAS going to buy it...

Dekonick
01-14-2005, 11:13 PM
When I bought my bike from the demo section, it took almost a month before it was removed from the site. Boy am I glad I got it! Keep looking, checking EBAY and RBR - you will find another.

dsimon
01-14-2005, 11:18 PM
hey drop a line let em know what ilsand your going to im located on oahu so i can at least tell you were to ride.....

mdeeds71
01-14-2005, 11:28 PM
Appreciate the info on Hawaii when the time comes....

Are you stationed at the "Barracks" with tropical lightning???

dsimon
01-14-2005, 11:40 PM
yyyuuuuppp

dave thompson
01-15-2005, 12:25 AM
Schofield Barracks? In beautiful downtown Wahiawa? When I was partners with Red Proctor at Thor Motors (Motorcycles) in the late '60s, the movie company that was shooting the original Tora Tora Tora used downtown Wahiawa to recreate downtown Honolulu, 1941. Is the bar-E still there?

dsimon
01-15-2005, 12:44 AM
im afraid so dave but not a good place to go to :crap: