PDA

View Full Version : Bad Team Name???

endosch2
07-07-2009, 10:23 AM
The "Cervelo Test Team"

I was looking at the updates in the TTT today and seeing them ranked ninth or tenth consistently makes it look like the "Test" failed.

Perhaps if they had called the team "Cervelo", or anything else it would not make that impression.

While I admire the company for sponsoring a team in the tour calling it a "Test" team seems a little risky.

Anyone else see it that way or am I wrong?

torquer
07-07-2009, 10:33 AM
"Spoiler alert" next time please, for those of us DVRing today's action.

To get back on topic, I thought that once they went to the new team kit featuring white shorts, maybe Cervelo Testes Team might have worked.

old fat man
07-07-2009, 10:55 AM
spoiler? would you really expect to visit a cycling site without accidentally seeing some info about the day's stage? :rolleyes:

Marcusaurelius
07-07-2009, 11:23 AM
I thinkl Cervelo Race Team sounds a little better.

flydhest
07-07-2009, 11:24 AM
spoiler? would you really expect to visit a cycling site without accidentally seeing some info about the day's stage? :rolleyes:
Actually, yes. Over the past 8 or so years, this forum has been extremely considerate in that regard.

JeffS
07-07-2009, 11:45 AM
The "Cervelo Test Team"

I was looking at the updates in the TTT today and seeing them ranked ninth or tenth consistently makes it look like the "Test" failed.

Perhaps if they had called the team "Cervelo", or anything else it would not make that impression.

While I admire the company for sponsoring a team in the tour calling it a "Test" team seems a little risky.

Anyone else see it that way or am I wrong?

Actually, I think "test team" lowers the overall expectations.

endosch2
07-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Maybe it does lower expectations. Perhaps people should know they are testing the new 400 gram carbon fibre - paper mache' hybrid composite frame or something like that.

PacNW2Ford
07-07-2009, 11:13 PM
While watching Kreuziger in the prologue:

"The man from "leaking gas" is on fire!"
:)