PDA

View Full Version : a gorgeous Bridgestone

bags27
01-12-2005, 11:49 AM
wish it were my size
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7126639398&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Brian Smith
01-12-2005, 07:19 PM
...an only mildly ugly, functional frameset that someone might say rides well, but far from GORGEOUS. Sorry, not to be a negative voice, but despite being a fan of function and less finnicky about scheme and finish quality than I am about function, that frame is just not even pretty. Do you need to highlight that kind of work with black and white? Maybe powdercoat it matte navy, just after some more braze ons are applied, and call it good.

Sorry if this opinion is worth about what you paid for it,
Brian Smith

gdw
01-12-2005, 08:51 PM
It's a nice production frame but not one of the more desireable RB-1's. The geometry is steeper than latter models and the white paint chips easily and highlights any scratch or nick. The one I had came with a complete Suntour GPX group and had 126mm rear spacing not the 130mm that this one has. It's a good frame but not worth the $325 that the seller is hoping someone will pay.

William
01-13-2005, 06:03 AM
FWIW,

I had one of these that I found at Citybikes in Portland. I built it up into a rain bike and put a lot of long dirty miles on it over a few Oregon rainy seasons. I found it to be a nice riding bike. Not a real looker (to me), but solid and dependable. I ended up giving it to one of my students for helping me move. He also put a lot of miles on it and it turned him into an avid cyclist. So, bottom line: solid, dependable and good karma frames.

As for beauty, it's all in the eye of the beholder. :)

William

Sandy
01-13-2005, 06:22 AM
When are you moving again??

I could use another Serotta, or a Kirk, or a Parlee, or a Colnago, or a Spectrum or....

I have a hernia so I will only be able to pick up pieces that weigh under 3 pounds.

So Super Strong Supersonic Speedy Serotta Sandy

William
01-13-2005, 06:32 AM
Sandy,

I just figured you would have kevan come and do the heavy lifting. You know, A Master-Balster (3rd Mad Max movie refrence) set up. :D In that case though you might have to take a tandem ;)

I'll let you know when...

William :)