PDA

View Full Version : serotta decals

shinomaster
07-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Greetings,

I'm toying with the idea of giving my old frame a new paint job (yikes it's 10 years old) and I'm wondering if the only decals available are those shown here on the website? I kinda like some of the older options like black and gold :)

Just wondering,

Shino

Bruce K
07-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Shino;

It might be possible that Serotta could scrounge up a discontinued set, basically what they have is it. You would have to check with your local dealer to be sure as Serotta discontinued selling decals directly to consumers several years ago after a couple of "rebadged" frames turned up on the market.

In this day and age, many painters can create computer-generated masks and paint the logos in almost any color you choose.

It just costs a little more.

BK

SoCalSteve
07-01-2009, 03:20 PM
Shino;

It might be possible that Serotta could scrounge up a discontinued set, basically what they have is it. You would have to check with your local dealer to be sure as Serotta discontinued selling decals directly to consumers several years ago after a couple of "rebadged" frames turned up on the market.

In this day and age, many painters can create computer-generated masks and paint the logos in almost any color you choose.
It just costs a little more.

BK

Joe Bell is a master at this.

Just sayin'

Steve

Pete Serotta
07-01-2009, 03:21 PM
I agree with STEVE, if you want "old" style you are better going to Joe. Most, if not all, the old decals are now gone. Sorry.

shinomaster
07-02-2009, 12:26 PM
A joe bell paint job would likely cost more than the value of this frame. I can live with charcoal I guess. :beer:

alembical
07-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Shino,

You are artistic! Just make some stencils... of either Serotta or Shinomaster.... get a can of spray paint... and there you go.