PDA

View Full Version : Last nights race!

Spicoli
07-01-2009, 08:04 AM
So a buddy talks me into doing a Tuesday night race at a place that I just hate to go to. Being an idiot I say OK, and my wife then proceeds to give me a small amount of greif for going but I press onward knowing the whole time I hate this race. So now I blow off my training ride, and sit in a car for 2hours for a trip that should take 1 hour tops. We arrive at the race get changed and I get one leg over my bike and the downpours come! Back to hiding in the car, but I am here so might aswell race anyhow. 45minutes in the car and promoter cancels race due to the rain....somehow I am not too upset but it now means the drive home will be in rush hour traffic and may take hours. So we stop at a Chipolte grill to eat and kill some time. I proceed to crush a burrito that could feed my family for a month but I dominate this 4pounder anyhow.

I get back home at 9:30 at night without riding and without racing, but after eating the one ton burrrito and as luck would have it, FOOD POISONING :banana: pissing out my ass and puking at the same time! Sweating like Cool Hand Luke after a night in the BOX and just hating life :crap:

What did I learn; always go with your first answer and never let yourself be talked into something you know is wrong and finding humor even in your own suffering can be funny:confused:

PS Thank God I feel better now.

SoCalSteve
07-01-2009, 09:18 AM
So a buddy talks me into doing a Tuesday night race at a place that I just hate to go to. Being an idiot I say OK, and my wife then proceeds to give me a small amount of greif for going but I press onward knowing the whole time I hate this race. So now I blow off my training ride, and sit in a car for 2hours for a trip that should take 1 hour tops. We arrive at the race get changed and I get one leg over my bike and the downpours come! Back to hiding in the car, but I am here so might aswell race anyhow. 45minutes in the car and promoter cancels race due to the rain....somehow I am not too upset but it now means the drive home will be in rush hour traffic and may take hours. So we stop at a Chipolte grill to eat and kill some time. I proceed to crush a burrito that could feed my family for a month but I dominate this 4pounder anyhow.

I get back home at 9:30 at night without riding and without racing, but after eating the one ton burrrito and as luck would have it, FOOD POISONING :banana: pissing out my ass and puking at the same time! Sweating like Cool Hand Luke after a night in the BOX and just hating life :crap:

What did I learn; always go with your first answer and never let yourself be talked into something you know is wrong and finding humor even in your own suffering can be funny:confused:

PS Thank God I feel better now.

Thanks for sharing! TMI!!!

Just sayin'

Steve

PS: Feel better soon...

Spicoli
07-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Thanks for sharing! TMI!!!

Just sayin'

Steve

PS: Feel better soon...
Thats how a guy I used to ride with described his adventure with food poisioning.

He was this crazy track pro from Trinidad tobago, so when you say it with his accent it sounds even nastier ;) He had some "BAAD PAAWK" sandwhich which caused his :beer: