PDA

View Full Version : 2006 La Corsa

cincicycles
06-30-2009, 02:07 PM
I have a friend of mine who I work with looking to pick one of these frames up. Looks like they are not a current model. Anyone have any insight to how these performed? Good value? Issues? Thanks!

Pete Serotta
06-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Perform very well......>Friend here in Raleigh has one for a few years and it still puts a smile on his face.

ad below

La Corsa was born of the desire for a full-custom version of Serotta's wildly successful Fierte. Sporting the U.S.-sourced Premium Select 3Al/2.5V-titanium tubeset with Serotta's Colorado Concept down tube, La Corsa strikes a balance of bottom bracket solidity and a butter-smooth ride. Plus, with Serotta's butted titanium S-bend chainstays and bump-busting carbon seatstays, the La Corsa gets all your pedal power to the ground. Enter Serotta's world of amazing lightness and responsive road feel with the sweet La Corsa!

malcolm
06-30-2009, 03:07 PM
my wife loves hers

Ti Designs
06-30-2009, 04:38 PM
The idea was the Fierte for those who didn't fit on the Fierte. Seven still does their Alaris which is the budget custom, I asked Serotta to do the same for a couple hundred dollars more than the price of a Fierte. I sold the first 8 of them, my own being Serial number 003. The problem with the La Corsa is that it's not really a custom for the second user, it's what they needed built. And you can assume that they're far off center on the bell curve, otherwise they would have saved the money and bought the Fierte.