PDA

View Full Version : ...

cadence90
06-26-2009, 08:45 AM
.... ..

robin3mj
06-26-2009, 09:21 AM
I have an N78 and I like it a lot. Small, and has a ton of features. You probably have a Garmin or something already, but the free Sports Tracker software and the onboard GPS are a pretty amazing add-on for a cell. Call quality is good, as are the menus. The camera is passable- it’s probably the first cell phone camera I actually have bothered to take out of my pocket on a regular basis (having had 2 others with cameras in the past.)

The only nit I could pick is the keypad is kinda funky- the keys are tiny so if you’re doing a lot of texting, you have to become adept at typing with your fingernails.

rwsaunders
06-26-2009, 09:38 AM
As a first time cell phone user, you need to start at the beginning in order to appreciate the advance of technology.

regularguy412
06-26-2009, 10:10 AM
As far as the new, quad-band Nokias, I'm no help; I've only been a basic Nokia user. However, I have owned a few different Nokias and they're pretty bomb-proof. Last summer I had a very old waterbottle explode in my hand and dump the whole 24 oz contents on my phone that was sitting in my lap. That thing still works today!

The only issues I've ever had with Nokias are: 1) the speaker/speaker software went out on one and I couldn't hear it ring. Nor could I talk on it without having the earpiece plugged in, 2) the charging port/software went out on my last phone. It was not the battery (EXCELLENT life!), nor the charger. AT&T sent me a new, same-style phone at no charge (was still within the one-year warranty period).

Mike in AR:beer:

Yet another, unsolicited testimonial:P

cadence90
06-26-2009, 10:35 AM
.... ..

rwsaunders
06-26-2009, 03:04 PM
On a serious note, once you've had a smart phone like a Treo, Blackberry or IPhone, you'll never want to go back to a standard cell. I appreciate having scheduling, email, texting, addresses, web and phone capabilities all on one device.

cadence90
06-26-2009, 03:12 PM
.... ..

rwsaunders
06-26-2009, 03:17 PM
Roger that on the IPhone contract lock. I'd have one in a minute if Verizon could support them, as AT&T service in my travel area is subpar.