PDA

View Full Version : Halfway off topic

Tom
01-16-2004, 08:58 AM
I realized yesterday that I am jonesing so bad for a long day on the bike all by myself to let the thoughts sort themselves out without any distractions. Man, I wish to hell I could still run. I'd give anything for even an hour out in the fresh air. The pollution is just building up and building up.

On the other hand, there's air that's just a little too fresh. Last night I was driving home muttering to myself about how the heater was still blowing cold air up my pants leg after twenty minutes when I realized just how damn lucky I am to be able to drive home to a warm house and cook hot food and climb under a mountain of covers to sleep. Time to quit whining.

JohnS
01-16-2004, 09:27 AM
Go hiking or snowshoeing. It works for me. It's low impact and refreshing. You're not far from the Adirondacks. The link below is a good start
.http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?productId=47782744&storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&langId=-1

BumbleBeeDave
01-16-2004, 09:52 AM
. . . you can go to the gym with me and spin any time. I already have permission to use the spin room when no classes are going on.

I TOLD you that you would get tired just spinning those rollers in the basement! :D

BBDave